The Argyle Way | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

The Argyle Way

Anybody seen the Article on the OS? Quoting the Argyle youth game the other night saying they are playing like the first team? Soaking up pressure and hitting on the counter. Is this what we have become now that defensive every single game and hoping to score on the counter attack? No 2 upfront either, Seems like Adams wants this mentality throughout the club, boring football and unexciting, not the way to show our young boys the way to play football.

What’s everybody else’s opinion on this?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The Wimbledon game in the round before was one of the most exciting games I’ve seen for years.

If we opened up against Man City it could have been a hammering.

Mar 23, 2011
Fareham
It might work in some games but it is tedious and boring to watch at times. Unfortunately we are stuck with it until Adams leaves. At least show some attacking intent.. I'm not saying get rid of Adams now as we are too far into the season to do that I feel, that time has passed. However for next season I would like to see a change in the way we approach games.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The last three/four games I've seen plenty of attacking.

Oct 31, 2015
Just saw a Twitter account with yet another opposition fan stating we were awful. Every week an opposing fan says the same.
I know some will say needs must to stay up but if this is going to be the Argyle way for the next 3 x years or until DA moves on then god help us.

It is dreary, boring to watch and other fans take the pee and to cap it all it is not that affectice in Lg1.

A colleague bought something up about the way we pkay which is true. We didnt play like this until the FA cup game against Liverpool and since then DA sees it as the holy grail way of playing.

I hope the youngsters are more attack minded than the 1st team and this DOES NOT become the Argyle way

May 8, 2011
rsp4":2dw2cy2l said:
Just saw a twitter account with yet another opposition fan stating we were awful. Every week an opposing fan says the same.
I know some will say needs must to stay up but if this is going to be the Argyle way for the next 3 x years or until DA moves on then god help us.

It is dreary, boring to watch and other fans take the pi$$ and to cap it all it is not that affectice in Lg1.

A colleague bought something up about the way we pkay which is true. We didnt play like this until the FA cup game against Liverpool and since then DA sees it as the holy grail way of playing.

I hope the youngsters are more attack minded than the 1st team and this DOES NOT become the Argyle way

1) if you watch the U18s regularly in either the Youth Alliance league or the SWPL, you would know that the Argyle way is to choose your tactics depending on who you are playing, the way they played against Man City was completely different to how basically the same team played against Willand Rovers a week before.
2) Watching Argyle is never dreary or boring to watch but perhaps that just me not wanting Argyle to lose and enjoying the art of defending as well as the skilful midfielders and the goals we score.
3) We haven’t played like we did at Liverpool since then.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
rsp4":j5vmajef said:
Just saw a twitter account with yet another opposition fan stating we were awful. Every week an opposing fan says the same.

It is dreary, boring to watch and other fans take the pi$$ and to cap it all it is not that affectice in Lg1.

Must be the Yorkshire air!! The last two away games, we've gone for it. I seem some bad games, but as I say the last four games weren't that way at all.

Sep 6, 2006
IJN":1fwagxff said:
rsp4":1fwagxff said:

Must be the Yorkshire air!! The last two away games, we've gone for it. I seem some bad games, but as I say the last four games weren't that way at all.

'gone for it'. Really? How much do you drink before the game? A bit more attacking eventually with one man extra hardly going for it.

Sep 6, 2006
HC Green":365unfr1 said:
rsp4":365unfr1 said:

1) if you watch the U18s regularly in either the Youth Alliance league or the SWPL, you would know that the Argyle way is to choose your tactics depending on who you are playing, the way they played against Man City was completely different to how basically the same team played against Willand Rovers a week before.
2) Watching Argyle is never dreary or boring to watch but perhaps that just me not wanting Argyle to lose and enjoying the art of defending as well as the skilful midfielders and the goals we score.

Re 2) I take it you weren't at Pompey then?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Balham_Green":2w24o3cj said:
IJN":2w24o3cj said:
rsp4":2w24o3cj said:

'gone for it'. Really? How much do you drink before the game? A bit more attacking eventually with one man extra hardly going for it.

I don't drink BG, unlike you, particularly on a Sunday evening I'd wager.

Still, you carry on old boy, you provide entertainment on a regular basis.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
We look heavy legged at the back. If we get caught out high up the pitch we’re too easily done for pace let alone getting back and organised.

We need a difference in CB and fullback pace to allow us to sustain a threat higher up the pitch and allowing some players to track back to put those ‘balls over the top’ into touch before the opposition get there first

Sep 6, 2006
IJN":zv7n1dn2 said:
Balham_Green":zv7n1dn2 said:
IJN":zv7n1dn2 said:
rsp4":zv7n1dn2 said:

I don't drink BG, unlike you, particularly on a Sunday evening I'd wager.

Still, you carry on old boy, you provide entertainment on a regular basis.

Perhaps you should start then!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It does feel that way sometimes.

I'll put it another way, I've seen a decided change in style as players have come back from injury. Our last eleven game stats seem to back this up.

We're not Barca admittedly but we're certainly no Wycombe.

May 8, 2011
Balham_Green":3ug8ekp1 said:
HC Green":3ug8ekp1 said:
rsp4":3ug8ekp1 said:

Re 2) I take it you weren't at Pompey then?

Yes, certainly was. Frustrated by the game but not bored.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Frustration is most certainly the word used to describe watching Argyle.