The Pavilions? - Donations to the Trust to cover the costs? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

The Pavilions? - Donations to the Trust to cover the costs?

A

Anonymous

Apparently, the Trust could hire the Pavilions main hall for £2k on Saturday.

There's a feeling that the dreaded Lower Guildhall will be nowhere near big enough this time.

What would people think about bunging in a couple of quid in (donation) when they attend on Saturday.

It would certainly show Brenda and PR the strength of feeling if we packed that out!!

What does everyone think?

L

Lee Jameson

IJN":21lqjs60 said:
Apparently, the Trust could hire the Pavilions main hall for £2k on Saturday.

There's a feeling that the dreaded Lower Guildhall will be nowhere near big enough this time.

What would people think about bunging in a couple of quid in (donation) when they attend on Saturday.

It would certainly show Brenda and PR the strength of feeling if we packed that out!!

What does everyone think?

Ian is correct, Chris and I really believe we could get around 1000 people turn up, but we would need help paying for this.

If I get positive enough response I will book the Pavilions.

Lee

A

Anonymous

Not a silly question Andrew, but pre match is bound to get more than post match, as people have places to go whereas, a meeting on the morning of the match is 'part of the Argyle experience' I would suggest.

'I'm off to Argyle" means just that. :D

L

Lee Jameson

Andrew Owen":v9xzjq9z said:
OK here's a silly question:

does the meeting need to be held before the match?

What is your alternative?

M

Marcus The Green

I think having an admission donation would put a lot of people off going.

I think if the trust paid for this, then they might be massively out of pocket come the end. Even if 2000 people turned up...not everyone of them would be willing to pay.

I would be willing to pay a donation.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
How many does the Pavillions hold?

How many will likely turn up?

Who will be responsible for any shortfall? (or excess)

Simple questions, but if you think 1,000 will turn up and throw in £2 each without asking for child or pensioner discount then should be a goer, or 2,000 chuck in a £1. Otherwise I guess its the Trust that will underwrite it and less to go in Sues buckets.

L

Lee Jameson

tonycholwell":37mrswq2 said:
How many does the Pavillions hold?

How many will likely turn up?

Who will be responsible for any shortfall? (or excess)

Simple questions, but if you think 1,000 will turn up and throw in £2 each without asking for child or pensioner discount then should be a goer, or 2,000 chuck in a £1. Otherwise I guess its the Trust that will underwrite it and less to go in Sues buckets.

!. We hope and believe a 1000
2. The Trust
3. People have not got ever ending deep pockets.

May 22, 2006
Lee Jameson":31v99yxt said:
Andrew Owen":31v99yxt said:
OK here's a silly question:

does the meeting need to be held before the match?

What is your alternative?

I was going to suggest holding it in the Grandstand after the game. Everyone's already there, it's got a PA system, ample room.

L

Lee Jameson

GibGreen":2ejxul4n said:
Great idea, happy to make a donation.

It needs some serious advertising though to swell the numbers. The last thing I imagine the Trust will want is a 2000 capacity venue with a couple of hundred in. Won't look right.

I've been a bit critical of the local press lately. How about stepping up to the mark and plugging the meeting? And I mean headlining it between confirmation of the booking, right up to the meeting.

Same for BBC local news too, both TV and Radio.

The media are on-side.