Clarification needed | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Clarification needed

May 1, 2007
a proper ultra following in amazing real passion and flare (not flares lol) it will spur the team on and give us the 12th man boost

WE ARE ARGYLE

Aug 3, 2011
Newcastle
John Petrie":2tic43ec said:
A simple question for you in return. Do you think that the atmosphere at Home Park is good and intimidates the opposition?
I live up in the midlands, but whenever i am able to get down we always seem to have a decent atmosphere. its not just me who's not so keen on the ultra idea, i've seen some people who are completley against it, i just don't see it working

Aug 4, 2009
Plymouth
MidlandPlymothian":1g01robb said:
John Petrie":1g01robb said:
A simple question for you in return. Do you think that the atmosphere at Home Park is good and intimidates the opposition?
I live up in the midlands, but whenever i am able to get down we always seem to have a decent atmosphere. its not just me who's not so keen on the ultra idea, i've seen some people who are completley against it, i just don't see it working

Only one way to find out.
Stop being negative. :banghead:

G

Greenskin

John Petrie":6vklwv63 said:

And a simple question in return: Do you think that results and performances over the past 3/4 years have done anything to encourage a good atmosphere?

Dec 28, 2010
MidlandPlymothian":2b43mejm said:
What will the ultras do, why do we need them, can't we just sing what we want when we want like we normally do, i just don't see the point in it?

To me and alot of other people we will always be the Green Army so as long as it stays that way at home and away matches i dont really mind what ultra groups or other groups are invented.

Our away support atmosphere is unreal when the vociferous hardcore green army are brought together anyway without these groups being made so im guessing its mainly being introduced for the home games more than anything which if it improves the Home Park atmosphere is good news in my book :thumbup: .

Aug 3, 2011
Newcastle
John Petrie":21m1s87j said:
Greenskin":21m1s87j said:
John Petrie":21m1s87j said:

And a simple question in return: Do you think that results and performances over the past 3/4 years have done anything to encourage a good atmosphere?

Good point, time for everyone to stop bothering, we've got an excuse not to.
Cheering can make some players more nervous and play worse so if it is non stop the younger players especially will not be aided, it may encourage some players but not all

Aug 3, 2011
Newcastle
greengenes":252bh660 said:
MidlandPlymothian":252bh660 said:
John Petrie":252bh660 said:
Greenskin":252bh660 said:
John Petrie":252bh660 said:

Cheering can make some players more nervous and play worse so if it is non stop the younger players especially will not be aided, it may encourage some players but not all
Really ?
Yes.

May 8, 2011
MidlandPlymothian":1vzy0ya5 said:
greengenes":1vzy0ya5 said:
MidlandPlymothian":1vzy0ya5 said:
John Petrie":1vzy0ya5 said:
Greenskin":1vzy0ya5 said:
John Petrie":1vzy0ya5 said:

Really ?
Yes.

Mate are you kidding? I really cant tell?! I've watched and read so many things saing that players love fans to be vocal as it spurs on the team and the crowd really does act like a 12th man at times.

An ultras group will only help the atmosphere, it will allow new chants to be created and people will have a lot of fun in the process.

Stop being so negative and give it some time.

Aug 25, 2006
Plymuff, D'em!
MidlandPlymothian":2ybxk48h said:
John Petrie":2ybxk48h said:
Greenskin":2ybxk48h said:
John Petrie":2ybxk48h said:

I'm sorry, but what a load of rubbish!

It's what proper footballers live for! I, personally, wouldn't want anyone to play for us if they were that weak-willed to be scared by a bit of chanting and singing of support!!

Aug 3, 2011
Newcastle
Away_Days":1mkxwtla said:
MidlandPlymothian":1mkxwtla said:
greengenes":1mkxwtla said:
MidlandPlymothian":1mkxwtla said:
John Petrie":1mkxwtla said:
Greenskin":1mkxwtla said:
John Petrie":1mkxwtla said:

Really ?
Yes.

Mate are you kidding? I really cant tell?! I've watched and read so many things saing that players love fans to be vocal as it spurs on the team and the crowd really does act like a 12th man at times.

An ultras group will only help the atmosphere, it will allow new chants to be created and people will have a lot of fun in the process.

With people cheering it puts more pressure on the team, because they don't want to let the fans down but the pressure for some of the younger lads especially could be too much, Some players are worse with non stop cheering .

Aug 4, 2009
Plymouth
MidlandPlymothian":28ujgyma said:
John Petrie":28ujgyma said:
Greenskin":28ujgyma said:
John Petrie":28ujgyma said:

Heard it all now.

May 8, 2011
MidlandPlymothian":3fc2wgrc said:
Away_Days":3fc2wgrc said:
greengenes":3fc2wgrc said:
John Petrie":3fc2wgrc said:
Greenskin":3fc2wgrc said:
John Petrie":3fc2wgrc said:

Really ?
Yes.

With people cheering it puts more pressure on the team, because they don't want to let the fans down but the pressure for some of the younger lads especially could be too much, Some players are worse with non stop cheering .

If they cant deal with some chanting then they have chosen the wrong career.

Trust me, chanting can only help... I cant believe i'm having to even say this :lol:

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Have to say Home Park has been quieter than my local library for the last few years but that said there hasn't been a lot to shout about apart from the poo refs we blame ever week :banghead:

Aug 3, 2011
Newcastle
Away_Days":1f1shrfy said:
MidlandPlymothian":1f1shrfy said:
Away_Days":1f1shrfy said:
greengenes":1f1shrfy said:
John Petrie":1f1shrfy said:
Greenskin":1f1shrfy said:
John Petrie":1f1shrfy said:

Really ?
Yes.

If they cant deal with some chanting then they have chosen the wrong career.

Trust me, chanting can only help... I cant believe i'm having to even say this :lol:
Still not convinced it will work, willing to give it a go, but just don't want a division between fans, with people who sit in block 3 and 4 thinking their better fans then everyone else