Knock it on the head?? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Knock it on the head??

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Just wondering if it'll be safest to knock this all on the head?
Already a number of posters who clearly feel that this will be to the detriment of their matchday experience to the point where they have more or less threatened violence, for example if a drum is heard within earshot of them. It is causing a divisive split amongst the fanbase with those people who are behind the idea being labelled 'spotty kids, wanna-be hooligans, racists etc & those who are not behind it being referred to as 'old farts' etc with very few posters actually seeing that there could be a middle ground.
Even if I am supportive of the idea it would appear that it is raising the ire of a number of people.
Perhaps the only way this would work is to open one of the currentky segregated blocks to the ultras - although I have a feeling that they would remain an offensive presence to those who have made their views quite clear already.

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
Shove the ultras in an unused block. As somebody that used to have a ST where the Ultras are going to be I have to say they'd do my head in.

Sep 29, 2008
Plymouth
would be highly unfair to put the 'ultras' in block 15/16 without opening it up to the whole ground.

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
rose":1u7ma0n4 said:
would be highly unfair to put the 'ultras' in block 15/16 without opening it up to the whole ground.

It would be open to the whole groud. Unreserved seating, access to anyone who wants to make a noise.

And means the rest of us are free to sit far far away from any idiot with a loudspeaker, while other people can make a racket. Always thought these blocks were the best for singling, had the best atmosphere in our title winning days.

A

Anonymous

Mario":1x0gxq3s said:
Shove the ultras in an unused block. As somebody that used to have a ST where the Ultras are going to be I have to say they'd do my head in.

Have you not read any of the posts about why the unused blocks won't be opened?

Really sad to see the insults on this forum and about this subject.

From both sides it has to stop. How about some respect between our supporters. See how it goes and then form an opinion.

:banghead:

Aug 4, 2009
Plymouth
GTTB Resurgam":3ib9cnf1 said:
Really sad to see the insults on this forum and about this subject.

From both sides it has to stop. How about some respect between our supporters. See how it goes and then form an opinion.

:banghead:

I've stopped. :thumbup:

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
Chris Webb":3m3n3xdr said:
Mario":3m3n3xdr said:

No, I lack time to see everything.

My point stands though. They'd do my head in and I would be angry with the club that I'd be forced to relocate my seat for some happy clappy Glee club.

Sep 19, 2011
Plymstock
Surely though it will be the same people at the back of 3&4 that are currently there. The difference is that yes they/we will now be named, more banners and scarfs and it
May also encourage more people to sing. It may even attract some younger people if it works( I'm confident it will)
So why is everyone getting so annoyed/ angry? It's not as if it's a whole
Block of people is just going to turn up to shout and sing at a football game?

And also i do not feel people can argue if it has not happend yet?
I would understand why everyone complaining if the argyle ultras had already been used and it was unsuccessful, but surely everyone will have to wait until Hereford and find out what it's like.

Aug 4, 2009
Plymouth
Mario":r2pavfwy said:
Chris Webb":r2pavfwy said:
Mario":r2pavfwy said:

No, I lack time to see everything.

My point stands though. They'd do my head in and I would be angry with the club that I'd be forced to relocate my seat for some happy clappy Glee club.

Brent likes the idea.. Does this mean Brent out? :cool:

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
Tom 94":371zto4a said:
Surely though it will be the same people at the back of 3&4 that are currently there.

If its the same people; they're not singing for 90 minutes for a reason. A scarf won't change that.

The second point is stupid. If the Government said they were going to execute all gingers because it'd make society a better place would you agree and say "don't knock it until you've tried it".

Sorry I'm just not rolling with the idea, it's a football match not a music festival. The atmosphere will come when we win games.

Feb 21, 2011
Chris Webb":h9c19b2r said:
Mario":h9c19b2r said:

As an aside is there any reason why they could not close a block in the grandstand and the old spion cop corner and reopen the closed blocks in the lyndey you get precious little atomsphere from either of those places but you definately did from the zoo

Sep 19, 2011
Plymstock
Mario":2q9pq655 said:
Tom 94":2q9pq655 said:
Surely though it will be the same people at the back of 3&4 that are currently there.

If its the same people; they're not singing for 90 minutes for a reason. A scarf won't change that.

The second point is stupid. If the Government said they were going to execute all gingers because it'd make society a better place would you agree and say "don't knock it until you've tried it".

Sorry I'm just not rolling with the idea, it's a football match not a music festival. The atmosphere will come when we win games.

Okay i agree i have put that wrong. But at times this season i feel that at the back of 3&4 have got right behind the team and have been good. However i feel that with the ultras idea it may encourage some to go to these blocks. Therefore more numbers.

And the bit in bold above. You have gone off on one there. In my opinion it doesn't even relate to what i said.

My opinion was about how you never no what something will be like untill you try it..

Just being miserable..
Give it a chance!!