Sparksy for G.A.S Board. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Sparksy for G.A.S Board.

A

Anonymous

During a conversation yesterday, GS was openly thinking about running for one of the G.A.S board places at PAFC.

I told him he should 'go for it', as I think he'd be a good choice, but I'd be interested to hear your thought.

Me - Yes!

:thumbs:

A

argyle dude

They did say one of the roles of the GASB would be to increase community involvement and communication with the fanbase. Can't be many better candidates for that than Sparksy.

Mar 9, 2011
Sparksy would be a good choice and would get my vote :thumbup:

He's well known to us and very approachable to speak to

He's not afraid to get involved and question things when needed

Has the perfect set up to promote Plymouth Argyle throughout our community

And his enthusiasm for Plymouth Argyle would ensure a good voice for us to have on this board

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Yep, one down three to go.

Sep 28, 2011
Definately, always wondered why sparksy hasn't been as involved with argyle more throughout the years? Yes for me :)

Tony Pastyman

♣️ Senior Greens
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 1, 2008
He would get my support, Green blood all through the veins, and has a lot of contacts in and aroud the area.
Early days I know, but what a breath of fresh air JB has breathed over the Green Army!
Go for it Gordon :thumbup:

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Depends on what the rules are for proposing candidates and also who can vote.Do you have to be a paid up member of a supporters group or can any old Tom,Dick or Harry vote?

M

MoistVonLipwig

oddball":3huls3nf said:
Depends on what the rules are for proposing candidates and also who can vote.Do you have to be a paid up member of a supporters group or can any old Tom,Dick or Harry vote?

When are the elections?

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
oddball":170aw8t6 said:
From yesterdays meeting, all season ticket holders will be able to vote by post.
Also at a match in the future all those paying on the day/non season ticket holders will be able to vote.
Don't seem to remember anything about exiles etc voting, but in short Al i think that's about it as far as voting is concerned :thumbs:

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
oddball":2yjis85m said:
The way I read it is that members of the Supporters Groups will be voting for ONE rep between them. I take it that Sparksy would be throwing his hat in the ring with others from the general fan base for the 4 "non group/organisation" positions.
As other's have said he's got the perfect platform and the required desire and drive to be chosen as a rep. He'd get my vote. I just hope the BBC don't take that away from him as was being touted on here a couple of months ago.

Sparksy

R.I.P
Dec 13, 2011
To follow up Ian's thread-opener:

I came away from yesterday's meeting at The Guildhall caring less at that moment that we were 92nd in The Football League, but heartened by everything that was announced and confirmation of previous strong thoughts that our football club is in very good hands.

If anyone doubted the circles in which JB mixes, I think most were somewhat pleasantly surprised by the calibre of gentlemen who will now occupy the boardroom.

The proposal to have such involvement from supporters directly to the Argyle board purely underlines the previous promises made by James that there will be openness and direct communication channels opened between everyone with an interest in Plymouth Argyle.

To answer the question raised by Plympton Pilgreen: I have always wanted more involvement, but there were certain restrictions. Being a shareholder had to be revealed to my employer as an 'outside interest'. It would not have pleased me more to maybe follow in my father's footsteps - secretary of The Shareholders' Association for 25 years and also (here's a mouthful ...) President of the Vice-Presidents' Club.

When attending any gathering concerning the shareholders, I had to do it either as a shareholder or member of the local media - not both.

Please do not view this post as attempting to gain an unfair advantage over other very worthy candidates that hopefully will show their hands as willing contributors to this wonderful initiative.

If I decide to apply, I shall issue a manifesto, or whatever is required, at the same time as other candidates.

But in closing, I would just like to say .... I, too, have used the urinals that James referred to yesterday morning. Needs must.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
I am not to sure about this GAS board being a success, but if does get off the ground and running I think a clean sweep is needed with all new committee members who have not been previously involved with Argyle in an official capacity, I would include spaksy in that group.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
dunlop":3qz4nqn7 said:
I am not to sure about this GAS board being a success, but if does get off the ground and running I think a clean sweep is needed with all new committee members who have not been previously involved with Argyle in an official capacity, I would include spaksy in that group.
What "official capcity" has Sparksy had at Argyle? He commented for a Radio station.