Why do the GT's have a spot on the 'GAS' Board? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Why do the GT's have a spot on the 'GAS' Board?

• Thread starter A_Proverbial_Avocado
  • Start date
A

A_Proverbial_Avocado

As above.

Hard-working? Yes.
Argyle at heart? Yes.
Representational? No.

To me is blatantly obvious.

The did the one thing that others have always failed to do. The galvanised the fan base when we were at our lowest ebb. They have worked consistently to make lives easier for the staff.

Totally understandable and deserved.

A

A_Proverbial_Avocado

Leigh Rapson":1rczdcqq said:

The did the one thing that others have always failed to do. The galvanised the fan base when we were at our lowest ebb. They have worked consistently to make lives easier for the staff.

So it is like a reward?

Rather than anything to do with what they actually bring to the table in terms of representing fans?

A_Proverbial_Avocado":axu8m9g8 said:
Leigh Rapson":axu8m9g8 said:

So it is like a reward?

Rather than anything to do with what they actually bring to the table in terms of representing fans?

No not at all. The mere fact that they galvanised the fan base is worthy of their role. No other group has achieved the amount of togetherness that they have. Their way of thinking tallies with that of the large portion of the fan base.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Avocado, the one thing the GT's have done is get off their collective backsides and attempt do something positive, which is more than the vast majority of the fanbase has. My only thought really is that nobody really knows who they are. I understand possibly wrongly that there is only a couple of dozen of them, it would be nice to know who they are. Leigh I think your final sentence is a bit of a sweeping statement to be honest, on what do you base that. For such a small section of the fanbase to have a seat on The GAS board might puzzle some but at least they are doers rather than talkers.

A

A_Proverbial_Avocado

Leigh Rapson":2nw8gh7p said:
The mere fact that they galvanised the fan base is worthy of their role. No other group has achieved the amount of togetherness that they have. Their way of thinking tallies with that of the large portion of the fan base.
I'm not sure I agree with any of that. Well maybe the middle sentence; they do seem a tight-knit bunch. I'm not sure how 'galvanised' the fanbase can be said to be when we got a mere 6k at the last game. Also not sure what their 'way of thinking' is, and I'm even less certain that it tallies with 'large' portions of the fanbase. How many does the Pyramid hold?

A

A_Proverbial_Avocado

jerryatricjanner":2vqirkdd said:
Avocado, the one thing the GT's have done is get off their collective backsides and attempt do something positive, which is more than the vast majority of the fanbase has.
Yup, they have, as I granted in my original post.

So have several others...Ian Newell, Sue Pollard, ZeeZan to name 3 obvious PASOTI examples. Why aren't they automatically part of the group?

Nov 27, 2009
Plymouth.
I think the GT's are obvious candidates for GAS.

Formal contact with the board to discuss plans and ideas for fan based events including the fan fests.

No brainer surely?

And i speak as someone who just wants to be able to turn up and watch the football. Never been to a GT event but admire their work.

A

A_Proverbial_Avocado

Lesley Reardon":3oamk1zr said:
My question is why wouldn't they be on the GAS?
They're clearly too closely tied in with the club to offer anything like an independent voice. Looking at the statement they made on their own website, to me they're almost acting as (unpaid) employees, if that makes sense. Also, though I don't doubt the integrity behind their intentions...who are they? Why are they supposed to be representing me? Why couldn't anyone that they wish to nominate just be part of the 'public vote', where they'd have the chance to explain these things like the other candidates? I'm sure they'd get elected anyway.

Nov 27, 2009
Plymouth.
A_Proverbial_Avocado":10lq3g87 said:
Lesley Reardon":10lq3g87 said:
My question is why wouldn't they be on the GAS?
They're clearly too closely tied in with the club to offer anything like an independent voice. Looking at the statement they made on their own website, to me they're almost acting as (unpaid) employees, if that makes sense. Also, though I don't doubt the integrity behind their intentions...who are they? Why are they supposed to be representing me? Why couldn't anyone that they wish to nominate just be part of the 'public vote', where they'd have the chance to explain these things like the other candidates? I'm sure they'd get elected anyway.

I think you are looking into it too deeply, a range of representation is needed on GAS and the GT's offer one important aspect of supporter involvement.

I agree that there needs to be an element of GAS that will be ready to challenge the board if it is appropriate to do so but GAS is not intended solely to challenge as important as that may be.

At least that is my understanding.

L

Laughter My Ploy

It does raise an interesting but not insurmountable problem about who the GTs are....I guess there is no constitution or formal agreement like a limited company (or are they a charity)....and you only have to look at the Wrathall pitch invasion debacle to see that groups/business attached to the GTs are not necessarily GTers....or rather they were said not to be part of GTs just partners.

Anyway it'll all come out in the wash I'm sure.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Laughter My Ploy":cffhkrmy said:
It does raise an interesting but not insurmountable problem about who the GTs are....I guess there is no constitution or formal agreement like a limited company (or are they a charity)....and you only have to look at the Wrathall pitch invasion debacle to see that groups/business attached to the GTs are not necessarily GTers....or rather they were said not to be part of GTs just partners.

The GT's are a registered Limited company with one director.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
PL2 3DQ":2y49xl6u said:
Laughter My Ploy":2y49xl6u said:

The GT's are a registered Limited company with one director.

Out of interest, who is that?

G

GreenTaverners

Green Taverners Ltd was setup once the takeover of the club was completed to enable the Green Taverners to continue to support the club and community around PAFC, we are still in the process of setting up the Directors of this company and are taking legal advice from accountants as to the requirements of this. We are also looking at the best way to trade as Limited company, and to be able to continue to run future events, the need to have a limited company when you are supplying a service, as opposed to being a charity contribution.

The current one director of this company is Mark Russell as he was the person who has been dealing with the accountants to set this up, this will be reviewed in the next few weeks and setup to include other people who will be announced when it is completed.

I hope that helps explain the reason behind having to register the Ltd company, it was also done to make sure that the name was available and that no one else could register the company name.

If you have any questions please feel free to email contact@greentaveners.co.uk.

Further announcements will be made upon the above being completed, and new directors are added.