GAS board update | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

GAS board update

Jan 31, 2005
South Devon
www.pafc.co.uk
If I've read it right, Chris's commentary on the proposals seems to suggest that membership of the new board may be used to bring in new money - have I got that right?

If I have, it's not something I was anticipating (& I mean that as a neutral observation!).

Dec 6, 2011
JonB":122bt1ui said:
If I've read it right, Chris's commentary on the proposals seems to suggest that membership of the new board may be used to bring in new money - have I got that right?

If I have, it's not something I was anticipating (& I mean that as a neutral observation!).

Not sure where you've got from Jon? Apologies if any part leads to that impression because that isn't the case. I'll try to pop back later to pick up any questions etc or posters are welcome to use the email facility.

Chris

Jan 31, 2005
South Devon
www.pafc.co.uk
Thanks for the quick reply - I'm furtively typing in a hospital waiting room so may have misread but the way it was edited on the OS seems to read that board members could bring money to the table.

Jon

Jul 17, 2008
Calstock
Might this "My guess is that all constituencies will bring loyalty and commitment to Argyle, but some might bring other things as well (e.g. money to buy season-tickets, money to invest in the club, etc.)." be where JonB gets the suggestion that the GASB members may actually bring extra money to the table?

Dec 6, 2011
knecht":3aceyfjj said:
Might this "My guess is that all constituencies will bring loyalty and commitment to Argyle, but some might bring other things as well (e.g. money to buy season-tickets, money to invest in the club, etc.)." be where JonB gets the suggestion that the GASB members may actually bring extra money to the table?

That's a reference to the 20% offer to the Trust from JB.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Hmm, quite a lot to digest, not least the use of the word "constituency" and it would follow from there as to who can vote and in what (if any) "constituency"

I hope as someone already openly declaring I will stand that we will all know the rules for the contest. I hope reading this that individuals independent of existing groups will still be able to stand.

I await progress with much interest.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The original plan was to have a representative from the Green Taverners, The Trust and the various supporters groups plus four independent fans. Unless I've read it wrong, the emphasis is now on the groups rather than the independents?

An exciting and unchartered time for PAFC and football.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
PL2 3DQ":invm7hio said:
The original plan was to have a representative from the Green Taverners, The Trust and the various supporters groups plus four independent fans. Unless I've read it wrong, the emphasis is now on the groups rather than the independents?
An exciting and unchartered time for PAFC and football.

Im afraid thats how I read it as well Posty.

Still, lets see where it takes us and hope clarification is forthcoming. I have a feeling some confusion may follow David Wheelers lack of plain English.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Maybe it is me being cynical, but it doesn't seem as straightforward as it was first announced.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
dunlop":2io7zwfr said:
Maybe it is me being cynical, but it doesn't seem as straightforward as it was first announced.

Haha very true Mike.

Still, we may be jumping the gun, we all need to see how this pans out first. Although by having only 15 people at the meeting and it starting at noon one wonders if it will be abale to be inclusive and allow enough time.

G

Green Lanes

tonycholwell":2yv4xp4i said:
dunlop":2yv4xp4i said:

Haha very true Mike.

Still, we may be jumping the gun, we all need to see how this pans out first. Although by having only 15 people at the meeting and it starting at noon one wonders if it will be abale to be inclusive and allow enough time.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Hold the front page.

Pasoti poster admits he MAY be getting his shreddies in a twist...without knowing all the facts first.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

:lol:

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Derrick Sanderson":3jpq58ie said:
tonycholwell":3jpq58ie said:
dunlop":3jpq58ie said:

Haha very true Mike.

Pasoti poster admits he MAY be getting his shreddies in a twist...without knowing all the facts first.

Thats a marvellous example of smlie art, I must say.

I hate to disappoint, but if you read the OS post David Wheeeler clear it isnt even though I think it was meant to be. I remain, as always, calm.

G

Green Lanes

tonycholwell":4b4su737 said:
Derrick Sanderson":4b4su737 said:
tonycholwell":4b4su737 said:
dunlop":4b4su737 said:

Haha very true Mike.

Thats a marvellous example of smlie art, I must say.

I hate to disappoint, but if you read the OS post David Wheeeler cleare it isnt even though I think it was meant to be. I remain, as always, calm.

Sod it! Won't bother with an attempt at humour any more.

I wasn't particularly interested in what the OS poster stated. It was more of an attempt at some wit regarding YOUR post "jumping the gun".

Never mind eh?

:sad: