Foundation - Well worth it. | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Foundation - Well worth it.

A

Anonymous

http://www.pafc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0 ... 47,00.html

Must plug this, as I was the lucky winner a few years ago.

1) It helps our youth development, and what can be better than that.

2) It helps our club, ditto the above

3) You too can go somewhere like this, if you win it!

4650525347_16bbf71bc9_b.jpg

If an unlucky sod like me can win it, so can anyone, but remember, you have to be in it to win it.

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

P

pedro63

IJN":3veia3ku said:
http://www.pafc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10364~2657047,00.html

If an unlucky sod like me can win it, so can anyone, but remember, you have to be in it to win it.

Not on the 3 £10s that i've won :furious:

Topboy

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Oct 2, 2003
Plympton
pedro63":xme27wza said:
Ditto Pedro!

And on that point, I've not had a sniff of a tenner for a bloody long time!!!

Mar 9, 2011
Have never been a member of the foundation, but by reading the OS write up on this, it sounds good and what sticks out for me is how it will help our youth development.

We’ve had some good young lads come through the ranks of this, Joe Mason for one … and who knows what the future will hold / bring to us from the youth development side of things, if we can help to be a part of seeing a youth or two develop into reaching first team status.

Just one question … it says “For just £2.25 per week …”

Errm, how much is it to actually join up to this? And is this a one off payment or a monthly payment?

Oct 2, 2011
Home Park
pedro63":f6bde77w said:
IJN":f6bde77w said:
http://www.pafc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10364~2657047,00.html

Yes but think of all the money you've saved by not attending matches for years!

P

pilgrim tilidie

hi peeps,trying to sign up 2 argyle foundation but cant get the application form up on the link,any other ways???? :facepalm:

Jun 16, 2006
The opportunity to attend exclusive Argyle Foundation Events with themes such as Meet the Manager/Players

Any foundation members able to enlighten on frequency of these events or are they new initiative?

P

pedro63

Sue Pollard":1r5kuwqn said:
Have never been a member of the foundation, but by reading the OS write up on this, it sounds good and what sticks out for me is how it will help our youth development.

We’ve had some good young lads come through the ranks of this, Joe Mason for one … and who knows what the future will hold / bring to us from the youth development side of things, if we can help to be a part of seeing a youth or two develop into reaching first team status.

Just one question … it says “For just £2.25 per week …”

Errm, how much is it to actually join up to this?
And is this a one off payment or a monthly payment?
Think you can pay in one lump or spread it monthly.

E

Ed_Blackburn

I'm not against it what-so-ever, it does beg the question though, what's the relationship between PAST&DT and the Foundation? Do they compliment each other or conflict? Are they compatible? Is one intended to supersede the other? Is the Foundation a foundation (to my knowledge there's no such legal entity known as foundation in the UK), who owns it? Or is it a ruse to give the impression that it's extra to the club? If Argyle had been liquidated would the Foundation be impacted? Are either fit for purpose, by which I mean are our Schools of Excellence being funded adequately? What is their operational budget compared to previously? How much has Argyle youth development being impacted with our current blight? Also is it achievable for Argyle to become an Academy Status football club?

Personally I'm in favour of youth development being owned extra to the club, even if it's funded (or part owned) by the club. This would hopefully mean that youth development should not be as jeopardised by the inevitable peaks-and-troughs that a football club endures. Though sadly Stapelton's ability to marginalise PAST&DT into selling its assets (namely the hostel) and then persuading them to hand over the cash, highlights that strong governance and independence is important in these matters.

Every cloud has a silver lining and what ever happens on the pitch this season I think as fans we shouldn't loose sight of the future. The future for me includes a vibrant youth system. One that produces footballers capable of playing first team football (mens and women) but also embraces children, schools and families. If a 15 year old kid doesn't make it as an Argyle player, one hopes that during the attempt they and their family attend Home Park regularly and continue to do so after their release.

I'd really like the current Trust to perhaps address this. Can they liaise between PAST&DT and the Foundation / Club, suggestion an amalgamation or boundaries? What do others think?

Before I throw my money at a lottery I'd like to know more. We should take this poo situation to asses our youth system in a holistic manner, with all parties input. Yes?

Mar 16, 2011
Plymouth
I have been a Foundation member from the start, thought it would be good to support the youth teams. I also have never won a penny let alone a tenner but hey thats life. Just doing what i can to support the club I love. :D

Trev501

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
Jam First
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 3, 2006
Dolores (Alicante) Spain
Some further detail may be found here: http://www.pafc.co.uk/page/ArgyleFounda ... 64,00.html
Where it also states:

All profits from the Argyle Foundation go straight to the Youth Department and to the development of the club's Centre of Excellence.
Donations to the Youth Department will hopefully improve as we attract new members, and those whose membership has lapsed will renew.
The Foundation is totally separate from Plymouth Argyle. It has a separate bank account and not a penny of Foundation funds will ever be used by the club in any circumstances.

Edited to add, the application form is here (a pdf file) and the second page outlines the aims and objectives of the Foundation etc.
http://www.pafc.co.uk/staticFiles/2/c/0 ... 146,00.pdf

E

Ed_Blackburn

Thank you Trev.

pafc.co.uk":1r8i5tgy said:
...All profits from the Argyle Foundation go straight to the Youth Department and to the development of the club's Centre of Excellence.
Donations to the Youth Department will hopefully improve as we attract new members, and those whose membership has lapsed will renew.
The Foundation is totally separate from Plymouth Argyle. It has a separate bank account and not a penny of Foundation funds will ever be used by the club in any circumstances....

Unless they're different legal entities that's a pretty empty promise, is it not? I don't think any of our creditors would have cared what bank account their monies owed are in so long as it's an account administered by the football club. Subsidiarity or not.

I will write to Chris Webb and ask him, see if a definitive answer can be found.

I still think that a holistic review of the Argyle youth structure is required.