What could have been... | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

What could have been...

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
THANK GOD! :lol:

Alfreton...

Alfreton%2BTown%2B003.JPG

Braintree...

5548678.jpg

Barrow...

Barrow001.JPG

Hyde...

EwenFieldsHyde.jpg

Aug 16, 2005
Somerset
No way would I want to be watching Argyle play league matches at grounds like that but imagine the fun when 1000-1500 Janners turned up at the turnstiles :lol:

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
So glad we don't have to face those grounds next season... :sick:

Is Hyde's ground used by Man City and Rochdale? Just noticed their club emblems are on the stand there?

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Sam182":3na4ophd said:
So glad we don't have to face those grounds next season... :sick:

Is Hyde's ground used by Man City and Rochdale? Just noticed their club emblems are on the stand there?

Reserve/Youth teams I believe.

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
Let's try not to get too cocky, shall we? "The likes of Plymouth" are our Alfretons and Braintrees to many other Premier and Football League clubs and their supporters.

And, being "real football fans" as we claim ourselves to be, aren't we all supposed to prefer "real" football teams, grounds and supporters to the "plastics"?

Melbourne Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jul 12, 2005
Let's not be too hasty - lots of those grounds have a fantastic football history, especially Barrow. It wasn't too long ago that a non-league team would relish taking the big time Charlies on at home in the FA Cup and beating them (with the big boys quietly schizening themselves at having to play at Sutton or Worksop or wherever). Nowadays, they give the advantage away in exchange for the Premiership pound, but let's not forget that the grass roots is where it's still real. We're not so far away as some might think.

TCM

Jun 7, 2011
thank god,,i agree but just as one off it would of been like a through back to the 70s when we took over towns ( rememeber exeter in the 70s)now all we have to look forward to is heading up to the prem,,hay ho :greensmile: