Best crowd humour | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Best crowd humour

I thought the 'Bus stop in Swindon' jibe was pretty good on Saturday, but in nearly 30 years of supporting Argyle I have to say that the standard of banter at Home Park is pretty poor compared to the games I watch regularly in London and elsewhere. My favourite was at Tottenham after an amazing piece of skill from Gazzer, when the bloke behind me said " My God, if you came home from work early and found him in bed with the missus you'd make him a cup of tea".

Trev501

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
Jam First
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 3, 2006
Dolores (Alicante) Spain
mervyn":2sc9v59e said:
I thought the 'Bus stop in Swindon' jibe was pretty good on Saturday, but in nearly 30 years of supporting Argyle I have to say that the standard of banter at Home Park is pretty poor compared to the games I watch regularly in London and elsewhere. My favourite was at Tottenham after an amazing piece of skill from Gazzer, when the bloke behind me said " My God, if you came home from work early and found him in bed with the missus you'd make him a cup of tea".
There could be comments like that going on all over the ground but you would never hear them :)

bodspafc

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Aug 8, 2005
Bristol
I wasn't at the game but apparently we were singing 'is this a stand or a bus stop' on the terracing at Accrington - which made me chuckle.

Feb 18, 2006
Tewkesbury
'Flinders crispy pancakes' at Hartlepool keeper Scott Flinders last season was a funny moment. Also the 'You're so bald its unbelievable' chant at the Oxford keeper last saturday was a good one. The keeper loved it - couldnt stop laughing and smiling.

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
TotaleGreen":1r0ty1d3 said:
"It's so cold it's unbelievable" chant at Middlesborough, 3rd round FA Cup, early 90's
in the torrential rain at Saltergate, 2003 (?)

- "we've only got trenchfoot"; and
- "you soft, southern jessies" at the Green Army in the covered seats

B

Ben Gifford

One more pasty, one more pasty, one more pasty and your dead! To akinfenwa and rene howe :)

Steamer

✅ Evergreen
Oct 17, 2008
Essex
Couple of years back (seems like a lifetime ago now) playing Ipswich and some bright spark behind me in the loudest voice I have ever heared and at at a point when the crowd was silent shouted out . . . 'Oi Keane, where's your f..king dog yooo Cundle' Well it made me laugh.

Jul 23, 2008
St.Austell
Hartlepool last season was good. On top of the flinders stuff, there were some good laughs in the first half, "Annex of Norway" being a particular favourite.