Work on new stand to start next year | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Work on new stand to start next year

Jul 14, 2005
An interview with James Brent is published in the August edition of the Plymouth Magazine. In it he says that work on the new stand, ice rink, hotel, cinema complex, leisure outlets and shops at Home Park is scheduled to start in 2013, subject to final planning approval. If you don't get the magazine delivered you can read the article online at www.plymouthliving.co.uk

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
That's this weeks (big) news then!!

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Other highlights.

7,000 seats in new stand. 3 star hotel linked by footbridge to ground, possibly plans will include a cinema.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
So that would take us to 25k?

B

Baby Face Johnson

Tugboat":3g11dkx7 said:

Don't think so as you will need to deduct the current Grandstand capacity. Nearer 20 thousand I would think. :banghead:

P

Paul_Roberts

Tugboat":1fhq7da8 said:

20k... a sensible initial figure, a little high if anything considering we still have a squad for whom mid-table in League Two would be an achievement.

Brent certainly doesn't hang about. He's achieved in just months what Stapleton and then the N*w W*rld failed to achieve in a decade. All credit to him for that - this is tremendous news for Argyle and a crucial part of the plan to bump up that 55% figure.

One question, though. The article states that Argyle will receive 100% of the income generated by conferences held in the stand on non-match days. Will that count as unbudgeted income, meaning that 100% will actually only be 50%?

Dec 6, 2011
Paul_Roberts":3ojzqkmx said:
Tugboat":3ojzqkmx said:

20k... a sensible initial figure, a little high if anything considering we still have a squad for whom mid-table in League Two would be an achievement.

Brent certainly doesn't hang about. He's achieved in just months what Stapleton and then the N*w W*rld failed to achieve in a decade. All credit to him for that - this is tremendous news for Argyle and a crucial part of the plan to bump up that 55% figure.

One question, though. The article states that Argyle will receive 100% of the income generated by conferences held in the stand on non-match days. Will that count as unbudgeted income, meaning that 100% will actually only be 50%?

It will be 100% mate because once built that income will become part of the budget.

Chris

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Just out of interest, I heard somewhere that the P2 sides can be extended if required.

Anyone shine any light on how far the extension could extend?

B

Baby Face Johnson

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Swansea are now regretting not building the stadium bigger when they had the chance. Extending the stadium *when required* rarely happens unless a substantial period of success in the top flight is guaranteed. By the time Swansea get round to planning an extension they will probably have been relegated.

Dec 6, 2011
Tugboat":35fu8hqd said:
Just out of interest, I heard somewhere that the P2 sides can be extended if required.

Basically another tier could be put around the whole of the horseshoe, Tugboat. I asked this question recently and the stand was built with extending it in mind and would not take too long to do so.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Mr President":u7m2odbb said:
Tugboat":u7m2odbb said:

Basically another tier could be put around the whole of the horseshoe, Tugboat. I asked this question recently and the stand was built with extending it in mind and would not take too long to do so.
The same size as the current horseshoe?

P

Paul_Roberts

Mr President":3b6zu9gu said:
Paul_Roberts":3b6zu9gu said:
Tugboat":3b6zu9gu said:

It will be 100% mate because once built that income will become part of the budget.

Chris

Thanks, Chris.

I wouldn't know how much cash the average conference generates, but this is significant news for Argyle. As LundanCabbie pointed out on the Wage Cap thread, Crystal Palace have raised almost half a million quid (I think) this summer by laying on various events at the club - just think what that kind of money would do to our 55%.

I'm not yet convinced by his football acumen, but this is a hugely commendable effort by Mr Brent just months after picking us up from the scrapheap.

Mar 2, 2008
Paul_Roberts":3sd0dez3 said:
Thanks, Chris.

I wouldn't know how much cash the average conference generates, but this is significant news for Argyle. As LundanCabbie pointed out on the Wage Cap thread, Crystal Palace have raised almost half a million quid (I think) this summer by laying on various events at the club - just think what that kind of money would do to our 55%.

I'm not yet convinced by football acumen, but this is a hugely commendable effort by Mr Brent just months after picking us up from the scrapheap.

Mind you, Palace operated at a £4-5m loss the last financial year.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Paul_Roberts":1y0sn302 said:
Mr President":1y0sn302 said:
Paul_Roberts":1y0sn302 said:
Tugboat":1y0sn302 said:

Chris

Thanks, Chris.

I'm not yet convinced by football acumen, but this is a hugely commendable effort by Mr Brent just months after picking us up from the scrapheap.

Agreed Paul

This is the sort of news many here had hoped for over the past 40-50 years. Having someone who owns the club who has the capability and will to take the club on to a different financial level. Its to be seen just how far it takes us but based on the Stapleton years when they made money in the early years, these new facilities can generate the cash that brings clout and sustainability at least to CCC standard.

Only word of caution, its one thing building, but we need a commercial operation that will match the new facilities. Overall I am confident we will.

Now, about those new signings for this season......... :greensmile: