Revised HHP Plans | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Revised HHP Plans

Jan 17, 2006
Saltash
Sorry if Ive missed this, but wasnt a revised set of plans presented this weekend? since the Poll was added to the last stadium discussion it seems to have dropped off the board?!?

Just wondering If anyone has seen the revisions??

Jan 27, 2012
The only plans I saw (in the Herald) showed the Ice rink shifted in order to make more space around the back of the grandstand.

Whilst this makes sense, the plans did not show a bigger and better designed grandstand, which is what everyone is hoping for.

derbygreen

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2003
Paignton....was Derby
For me the biggest factor is allowing us to extend. I can handle a single tier stand providing we can extend in the future. An 8k stand with space behind would be better still!

Dec 3, 2005
gaspargomez":c6ivyoom said:
The only plans I saw (in the Herald) showed the Ice rink shifted in order to make more space around the back of the grandstand.

Whilst this makes sense, the plans did not show a bigger and better designed grandstand, which is what everyone is hoping for.

I think the main problem with the 'original' plans were that it didn't give anywhere to go - with extending the stand.

What we would get in the first instance - would be forever.

With the possiblity of moving the Ice Rink, that would give Argyle the option in the future to expand, even if we still got the 'original' stand, built in the first instance.

Apr 4, 2004
How on earth can that road going round the back of the stadium be a good idea. It looks like a big waste of green space or development land, depending on your point of view. If the access rd was from near the life centre it would be so much shorter meaning less park taken up by the plan. If the tarmacking/concreting over large parts of the park are one of the sensitive issues with this whole plan sure changing that access road has to be a priority. I'll be the road alone takes up more space than the ice rink.

N

NZGreen

ming the merciless":297mahfj said:
Oops. Last sentence was meant to read,

I'll bet the road alone takes up more space than the ice rink.

I bet it would too. Think of the poor snails. And what would the moles do, get a hammer drill?

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
green_pants":b92s5lkp said:
Sorry if Ive missed this, but wasnt a revised set of plans presented this weekend? since the Poll was added to the last stadium discussion it seems to have dropped off the board?!?

Just wondering If anyone has seen the revisions??

Green pants

The PASB were shown the latest revision on Saturday.

The Trust WG will see them, provisionally, tomorrow at a meeting with the Akkeron Regeneration team.

I understand there are some new CGI under construction to give a sense of place to the whole development and its place in the City.

I am sure when they are ready it will all be released.

I do not think it is breaking any confidences to say the development will remain within what Argyle lease and the car park JB bought from the club. It was also clear that a number of issues that were (understandably) raised by fans have been addressed and rectified/cleared up.

It would be wrong to say every one will get everything they wanted. It is clear the Akkeron/WG meeting is a step forward and I know my friends in the Trust are very pleased with this move by the Board.

I hope that helps; it is frustrating that we can not say more at this point but we all hope for the best stand that we can get.

I can say there was a genuine sense of cooperation around the table. As always, these are my own views and do not reflect an official PASB view.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Devonportender":22t9e3yq said:
Didn't the chairman say they could only build on the carpark, moving the ice rink is not an option as they wouldn't get permission I think

D"Ender

The stand will be built on the land Argyle currently lease, in fact where the stand is now.

Peter Jones after our meeting is reported on radio as saying CF is a non starter.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
tonycholwell":16jtml7r said:
Devonportender":16jtml7r said:
Didn't the chairman say they could only build on the carpark, moving the ice rink is not an option as they wouldn't get permission I think

D"Ender

The stand will be built on the land Argyle currently lease, in fact where the stand is now.

Peter Jones after our meeting is reported on radio as saying CF is a non starter.

Shame that wasn't the line after the Dorchester Cup game!

Oh I see - Cottage Field not Carl Fletcher. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nov 8, 2010
John_Lloyd":10qkyrft said:
Two things that would be good to have clarified, once and for all:-

a) What is the precise reason for not using Cottage Field as part of the development plans?
b) Who is actually making that decision?

Good question.

The vibe I get - and please someone correct me if I'm wrong - is the club are preemptively deciding not to pursue CF because they don't think they have a hope in hell's chance of getting permission to build on it. It's a handy position to take, as on its face it takes away from them an element of blame.

If the WG plan is denied and anything is ever built on that field, it'll be an absolute betrayal.

T

Tim Chown

While the WG's suggestions for improvements included consideration of using Cottage Field to open the area in front of the grandstand to allow a landscaped piazza to be created, it's worth noting that the WG has produced a number of other suggestions, and it's important that these shouldn't be 'lost' under all the talk about the Cottage Field site.

These include:
* A proposal for an improved grandstand capacity through a modified design (I believe on the same footprint)
* An alternative access road location, to reduce match day traffic problems and maximise the opportunity to expand capacity later
* Improvements to the internal grandstand layout (though I suspect these are likely to be 'fluid' at this stage anyway)

It's great that the PASB meeting has created the opportunity for topics such as these to at least be heard. Again, it's about ensuring all the options to improve the existing design have been explored.

Tim

Jun 21, 2005
N Hampshire
Tim Chown":3ih837m5 said:
While the WG's suggestions for improvements included consideration of using Cottage Field to open the area in front of the grandstand to allow a landscaped piazza to be created, it's worth noting that the WG has produced a number of other suggestions, and it's important that these shouldn't be 'lost' under all the talk about the Cottage Field site.

These include:
* A proposal for an improved grandstand capacity through a modified design (I believe on the same footprint)
* An alternative access road location, to reduce match day traffic problems and maximise the opportunity to expand capacity later
* Improvements to the internal grandstand layout (though I suspect these are likely to be 'fluid' at this stage anyway)

It's great that the PASB meeting has created the opportunity for topics such as these to at least be heard. Again, it's about ensuring all the options to improve the existing design have been explored.

Tim

Very good points.