Our away support this season? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Our away support this season?

Mar 23, 2011
Fareham
I was interested in Russian division 2 followings ( :greensmile: ).. and found if we took as many fans per mile as Rotor Volgograd took to Vladivostok last week we would have taken 225,000 fans to an average distance of say Bristol Rovers.

It's a bit dodgy as the trip is 9000km..

Anyway.. I would guess that we must be up there for fans per mile. Give me 20 minutes..

Apr 1, 2009
These "miles per head" figures are of course totally wrong, because they assume that our entire support lives at Home Park. Which they don't. It would be interesting to know, but impossible to collate, the actual miles per head per game of each away supporter.

T

Tynan's Dad

And according to our twitter feed there were 1002 Pilgrims in Newport yesterday.

Aug 10, 2006
SurreyGreen":2lmnhw2j said:
I was interested in Russian division 2 followings ( :greensmile: ).. and found if we took as many fans per mile as Rotor Volgograd took to Vladivostok last week we would have taken 225,000 fans to an average distance of say Bristol Rovers.

It's a bit dodgy as the trip is 9000km..

Anyway.. I would guess that we must be up there for fans per mile. Give me 20 minutes..
6 days by public transport 1 change what an away trip that would be imagine missing the kick off or the game was called off when you got there. :funny: :funny: :funny:

Aug 10, 2006
xmastree":3gqbswc3 said:
These "miles per head" figures are of course totally wrong, because they assume that our entire support lives at Home Park. Which they don't. It would be interesting to know, but impossible to collate, the actual miles per head per game of each away supporter.
well I did 432 miles last night.

Jan 6, 2004
As people at this club seem fascinated by away support, perhaps somebody who goes to every game could undertake to carry out a survey of where the fans have travelled from? (or perhaps more realistically, different people for each game)

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Just by contrast, Palace have had just five league games outside of London since the turn of new year and now have four left..... all in London.

Mar 3, 2004
Cornwall
xmastree":146yz6xn said:

Having kept a record of all the games I've been to I recently added in the mileages travelled just to see how far I've been.

My average distance for an away match is 477 miles (home 115). My overall average for every game is 211 miles per game.

So far I have travelled 103,415 miles following Arygle.

(The next 0-0 I see will be my 50th one!)