Blanchard has apologised... | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Blanchard has apologised...

Aug 22, 2006
Maxime Blanchard ‏@MaxiBlanchard 1h
Sorry to let the lads and the fans down today. Hopefully I'll make it up to them.

Good on him. Not trying to defend him here but by the sounds of it on the match thread he'd done something really really bad - like punch a player. If it's a second bookable then surely "stupid" is what you'd call him instead of some of the other comments that have been flying about. I appreciate that in the context of the game it is bl*ody frustrating - 0-1 down, subs about to come on, but in reality all the players appeared to struggle. I hope he isn't made scapegoat. Also if he was one of those under performing in the 3-5-2 system and on a yellow then all the more reason to take him off at half time and change the system?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
He didn't lose the game for us. I think it would have finished 2-0 without the sending off.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
The sending off was stupid and we looked even weaker in defence with him missing but I rate Blanchard really highly as a CB. Finding himself constantly on the right covering for the RWB is not playing to his or anyone else's strengths.

Nov 4, 2012
We would have lost anyway. Rightfully so he's apologised, we deserve an apology from every player and the manager for that performance.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
PilgrimJosh":2suq2mt9 said:
Fine him two weeks wages. Embarrassing.

I'm furious.

:doh:

He pulled a player down as it was his instinct to do so. Usually, he'd get a warning. He's not punched or spat at or bitten or swore or lunged at anybody. No wages should be or will be fined.

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
If we had played a sensible formation / players in the formation he wouldn't have been so exposed.

Still pointless sending off and he should feel a bit down. Well done for apologising. Shi# happens.

Dec 7, 2006
Anyone else see Sheridan fuming at Max as he walked past the dugout basically telling him to eff off down the tunnel pdq?

Jul 30, 2013
The Wicked Westcountry
soccerpilgrim":11p51vzi said:
The sending off was stupid and we looked even weaker in defence with him missing but I rate Blanchard really highly as a CB. Finding himself constantly on the right covering for the RWB is not playing to his or anyone else's strengths.

:doh:

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Its not the first time Blanchard has been sent off in a crucial game.He let the side down big time today.