Sheridan's future | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sheridan's future

30green

For ages fans were calling for an experienced manager who could steady the ship and start to build... That's what we've got and now people want him sacked.

Crazy talk!

Mar 23, 2008
Agreed. I love his reaction to the opposition scoring, slump in his seat, great fighting spirit and inspirational body language for the players to feed off.

30green

Shouldn't even be a discussion (even though I started it). Just outside the playoffs this year... Let him build for a real push next season.
We've shown signs of being capable this season. Just need to gain consistancy.

Back him!

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
This is the highest we will finish in the league for years and people are calling to sack him ????

Get a sense of perspective on this. Maybe if we are not pushing for promotion next season but sorry we were never going to go up this year. Still too many pi55 poor players and an inbalance in the team which JS should get the chance to sort in the summer.

If we are in the bottom half at xmas then sacking him is an option but one JB is unlikely to take IMHO

Dazzy3000

✅ Evergreen
Dec 3, 2008
This time last season when we were in danger of dropping out of the whole football league that we would ultimately stay up and then go on to finish just shy of the play offs in the following season would you have took it??

Yes, of course you would have. Give Sheridan some credit for christ sake!

Nov 4, 2012
Managers are sacked far too often, Sheridan has turned us from relegation certanties to a solid League 2 team, sometimes he gets it wrong but he has done a good job, give him the summer and see how he does next season.

30green

I want him to stay...

My main criticism is the amount of times he plays players out of position. We've had Blanchard at RB, Berry at LB, Tyler as CM, Lewi as a RM, now Guireri as a RWB and Thomas as a LWB. We need to be solid and that means playing players in the positions they know best

Nov 4, 2012
greengenes":gxc2l2zq said:
PAFC94":gxc2l2zq said:
Managers are sacked far too often, Sheridan has turned us from relegation certanties to a solid League 2 team, sometimes he gets it wrong but he has done a good job, give him the summer and see how he does next season.

Has he flip .

Well we're 9th so he clearly has turned us into a solid League 2 team which in my book constitutes a good job.

Mar 23, 2008
30green":1oscuz4h said:
I want him to stay...

My main criticism is the amount of times he plays players out of position. We've had Blanchard at RB, Berry at LB, Tyler as CM, Lewi as a RM, now Guireri as a RWB and Thomas as a LWB. We need to be solid and that means playing players in the positions they know best
Interestingly a similar criticism was aimed at him by Chesterfield fans, at least he's learning then.