Idiot during Saturday's minute silence | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Idiot during Saturday's minute silence

Sep 28, 2003
London
This has just popped up on my Facebook feed, looks like it might be going viral

Link deleted by Site Admin - There is no proof that this chap has anything to do with alleged breaking of the one minutes silence. Plus the language used in the comments is not what we want on this site.

Can we/the club identify the absolute scumbag in question and make sure he never attends HP again?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Little Jimmy":148hxjit said:
There were also some Oxford fans messing around during the minutes silence

The only interruption during the silence that I heard, came from the Oxford contingent. Despite the city's gleaming academic spires it does show there are residents from that city, who are intellectually challenged.

Sep 28, 2003
London
r4h4al":9dpoh0lw said:
Was it during the silence though, or was it during the clapping afterwards?

During, apparently. That video is at the end of it, they got hounded out of the ground afterwards apparently.

Can the club do anything to ban them from the ground, legally?

N

newquaygreen

The club can refuse entry to anyone it likes surely?

All I heard from block 4 was a mobile phone ringing in the block 7/8 area

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Oxford fans shouted out during the one minute's silence.This sort of thing happens unfortunately.Most disrespectful.

Trev501

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 3, 2006
Dolores (Alicante) Spain
I heard someone shout 'Greenarmy' from somewhere on the Lyndhurst side towards the end of the minute (I'm in the Grandstand)
The minutes silence at Newport on the other hand was impeccably kept.

Dazzy3000

✅ Evergreen
Dec 3, 2008
IJN":ifg2xd8x said:
That's why the applause idea is a far better one.

Can't say I agree with this, no one should have a problem observing a minutes silence so anyone who can't do this our of ignorance should be banned from future games.

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
IJN":2ofska3g said:
That's why the applause idea is a far better one.

I agree that a minute's applause would be fine if you are remembering the life of a former servant of the club or similar, but I don't think it would really be appropriate to mark the magnitude of what happened at Hillsborough.
It's a shame there always seem to be idiots who can't/won't respect it.

Oct 15, 2013
I was sat in the middle of the Lyndhurst and heard the shout. It came from the corner near the family/away end and they said

"What about Bradford?"

I thought it was insensitive to shout out in the middle of a silence but on afterthought it was not a random or obnoxious idiot being stupid, it was someone trying to raise the profile of another football disaster that seemingly doesn't get the same repeated media attention as Hillsborough?

Sep 28, 2003
London
Good god, you really think there's any way to defend shouting things out in the middle of a silence? That's someone trying to be edgy and controversial, not trying to "bring attention" to anything.

This video is embarrassing for the club, and potentially terrible PR - media department should be getting out in front of it ASAP. However, more embarrassing is the fact that I support the same club as this filth.