• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Something new in GoS-DB ...

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
The player pages in GoS-DB are already packed with info, so now there's a bit more! Above the team-mates list is a new area for the managers played for. Here's an example of the change to all 999 player pages - in this case the most right-hand heavy of all the pages, i.e. the one who's played for most Argyle managers, not to mention an astonishing 230 different team-mates. Guess who!

http://www.greensonscreen.co.uk/gosdb-p ... sp?pid=908

This is just the start of a new aspect for GoS-DB - the facts and stats for all our managers (including caretakers), which will develop over the coming months. That'll include obvious things like win/draw/defeat figures, but if you've any other manager-related ideas, please let me know.

Steve

Greens on Screen

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Just when you thought it couldn't get any better..............
Nice one.

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
The thing is, I don't know how to stop - except to hit the buffers, which will happen one day!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
We can't have that Steve, you HAVE to pass this on to a youngie, it would be a sad, sad day if your fabulous baby disappears into the ether.

A nice addition, well done.

As Paul says, THE best Argyle related website by a country mile.

T

Tynan's Dad

I would be amazed if any professional football club has a site with stats and data available to fans that is comparable to this, let alone being run by a supporter of a division four team!

Incredible.

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
Lundan: I meant to say at the top of this thread (but didn't express it very well) that I'd welcome manager-related ideas. That said, of course I welcome any ideas, and I think yours a while back was to identify players who have won a cap whilst with us. Unfortunately, it's a very tricky one - I don't know of anywhere that holds this info, so it would be a long, hard slog to come up with it from scratch. Then there's the question of what sort of caps - full caps, B caps, amateur caps, U23, U21 and the youth ages too. I'd love to have it, but to be very honest it's a huge task. Of course if anyone is volunteering!

Others: thank you, it's quite something to read what you've said. Is there an emoticon for being both embarrassed and actually, if I'm honest, quite proud?! Ian, I'd love to pass it on to a youngie one day - it's something that really concerns me though, because it'd be such a huge ask.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Graham Clark":3028sb02 said:
IJN":3028sb02 said:
We can't have that Steve, you HAVE to pass this on to a youngie, it would be a sad, sad day if your fabulous baby disappears into the ether.

A nice addition, well done.

As Paul says, THE best Argyle related website by a country mile.

No, Ian. THE best football club related website by a country mile and admired and lauded around the world.

Steve has made an indelible stamp on the club by recording its history in such an accessible fashion and he, and his collaborators, richly deserve all the plaudits that so many express.

:thumbs: