Awards night (NOW CANCELLED) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Awards night (NOW CANCELLED)

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Lee ...£36 a head seems a bit steep to me(strictly limited to the more wealthier supporter it would seem)

L

Lee Jameson

oddball":3cxmyp1n said:
Lee ...£36 a head seems a bit steep to me(strictly limited to the more wealthier supporter it would seem)

Fair, point edited.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
oddball":2cshrb4o said:

You're having a laugh. £36 is extremly reasonable. I have paid as much as £85 for similar dinner and presentation evenings with Palace.

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
Lundan Cabbie":17seekfm said:
oddball":17seekfm said:

You're having a laugh. £36 is extremly reasonable. I have paid as much as £85 for similar dinner and presentation evenings with Palace.

London prices don't go hand in hand with Plymouth wages but £36 does'nt seem out of the way depending on fare on offer of course.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Lundan Cabbie":3dc60wkq said:
oddball":3dc60wkq said:

That's London weighting for you. Plus Palace are a top two division club.

Having said that, £36 does not appear too bad for such an occasion, considering it includes a night's entertainment too.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Alan thinks have salt on your peanuts is extravagant, so pay no heed. Not all Janners are tight. :twisted:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
pilgrimmike1":253i587q said:
Lundan Cabbie":253i587q said:
oddball":253i587q said:

London prices don't go hand in hand with Plymouth wages but £36 does'nt seem out of the way depending on fare on offer of course.

I've never bought this lower wages than in London stuff. There are more people on lower incomes in London than there are in Plymouth.

As a taxi driver now I will ask why is there such a strong taxi culture down here? People must have more money than their London counterparts to travel like this so often. I get customers from all walks of life but my son who still lives up there wouldn't dream of getting a taxi unless it was a special occasion because it would eat into his disposable income.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
What a load of old trollox LC.

About 10 years ago, I think it was the Times (it might have been the Guardian) did a survey/report on the top two leagues and the average salary of people who supported them, if that makes sense.

Top was Chelsea at £55k, the bottom was Argyle at £14k. I'd wager it's not that different now.

I do agree about the taxi culture though, but perhaps that's something to do with the hills in Plymouth. :twisted:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":3aokh6sl said:
What a load of old trollox LC.

About 10 years ago, I think it was the Times (it might have been the Guardian) did a survey/report on the top two leagues and the average salary of people who supported them, if that makes sense.

Top was Chelsea at £55k, the bottom was Argyle at £14k. I'd wager it's not that different now.

I do agree about the taxi culture though, but perhaps that's something to do with the hills in Plymouth. :twisted:

You've been in Grandstand Ian. Of course Argyle fans' average income is gonna be low. They're mostly pensioners :)

As for the hills but a bit off topic. Despite the hilly terrain you NEVER see a cyclist in Plymouth getting off to push their bike up hill. Ultra fit or just stupid? :)

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Lundan Cabbie":rh06ut77 said:
pilgrimmike1":rh06ut77 said:
Lundan Cabbie":rh06ut77 said:
oddball":rh06ut77 said:

I've never bought this lower wages than in London stuff. There are more people on lower incomes in London than there are in Plymouth.

As a taxi driver now I will ask why is there such a strong taxi culture down here? People must have more money than their London counterparts to travel like this so often. I get customers from all walks of life but my son who still lives up there wouldn't dream of getting a taxi unless it was a special occasion because it would eat into his disposable income.

Your manor has the tube and plenty of buses, Plymouth doesn't, hence the need for taxis. Besides, is there any evidence of a "strong taxi culture" in Plymouth?