Richards-Nelson? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Richards-Nelson?

C

Cobi Budge.

Just a question but is he still out on loan somewhere?

It baffles me why he doesn't get a look in. I've seen him play 3 or 4 times in the first team, he's always looked excellent, and also a few times in the reserves/youth and he's looked excellent. Seems a reliable player. I personally don't think the Trotman-Nelson combo works at all, due to the former being a poor communicator and making too many big mistakes.

If I was Sheridan, I'd give Nelson and Richards a go together at the back, Fletcher tried it against Aldershot for 90 mins and it worked great (and I believe they played 45 mins together on the opening day at Southend when Wotton went off, and looked very solid) they know each other well and have been brought up playing alongside each other.

Just a suggestion, and it might solve our CB issue without another purchase being made.

Jul 30, 2013
The Wicked Westcountry
I'd give it a go, but the lack of experience could cause a few problems. Plus there's a chance they'd be bullied by a big striker like Jon Parkin for example.

Give it a shot, he (and Vassell) are impressing at Weymouth I believe.

C

Cobi Budge.

Ah ok cheers, hope hes getting game time and experience but i'd rather have him here as an option, I just wonder if he's in Sheridans plans, as he did seem to be in Fletchers.

W

Wilfredo

Cobi Budge.":2hq4l7n7 said:
Just a question but is he still out on loan somewhere?

It baffles me why he doesn't get a look in. I've seen him play 3 or 4 times in the first team, he's always looked excellent, and also a few times in the reserves/youth and he's looked excellent. Seems a reliable player. I personally don't think the Trotman-Nelson combo works at all, due to the former being a poor communicator and making too many big mistakes.

If I was Sheridan, I'd give Nelson and Richards a go together at the back, Fletcher tried it against Aldershot for 90 mins and it worked great (and I believe they played 45 mins together on the opening day at Southend when Wotton went off, and looked very solid) they know each other well and have been brought up playing alongside each other.

Just a suggestion, and it might solve our CB issue without another purchase being made.

What CB issue do we have ? or am I missing something. And just out of interest when do you suggest we give them a go together ? pre season or whilst we still have a chance of the play offs ? just interested in your rationale as you've him seen 3-4 times and Sheridan as seen him hundreds of times in training and he obviously doesn't think he's ready. If pre-season is your shout then yes go for it :thumbup: , other than that forget it! :thumbdown:

C

Cobi Budge.

Our CB issue imo is Trotman, who I think is a poor player, costs us nearly every game and cloaks how poor he is by winning a fair few headers. He's cost us a ridiculous amount of goals.

And it was simply a suggestion. Maybe this season if we fall behind the pack, if not pre season for sure.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
To be fair Trotman and Nelson have had an excellent season. Others have suggested Trotman needs to be released not sure I agree but if we can get someone better in than great.

Jul 23, 2008
St.Austell
Saw Weymouth's match away at Truro last week and Richards didn't really impress me all that much. Gave a striker far too much space on the edge of the box for their second.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
I think it's fallacious to say Richards 'hasn't been given a fair chance for Argyle'.

I mean, he hasn't played in the first team much. But nor have I or most people reading this. It doesn't mean we haven't been given a fair chance because we would simply never get past the trial/training games to be considered. If the same is true for Richards from when the management have seen him, then perhaps it's justified that he hasn't been given a full chance.

I'm not saying that I agree with that decision. I actually quite like him as a player whenever I've seen him. But he doesn't have to play to have been given a fair chance.

Feb 21, 2011
To play two such young centre halves together in league football in a team notoriously quiet as it is would be a bit of a gamble, that said what I've seen of Richards had impressed and I would certainly like to see him retained if his contract is up in July.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
I thought we looked stronger at Southend after richards came on and Wotton went Off

From what i remember Wottons Injury came as a result of trying to cover Nelson who was out of position and not looking good on the (I think he played Right CB although cant fully remember)
When Wotton went off he switched sides and Richards looked good but because curtis was happier with his position we looked stronger