Bury Fan in Peace | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Bury Fan in Peace

Apr 17, 2014
Hello from up North,

Bury fan here in peace.

Best bet for a pub is Swan and Cemetery on Manchester road although the Staff of Life is ok too. It's a real shame we don't have an extra 3 or 4 points or this fixture could have been a real season decider for both teams. Unfortunately for us our good run of form just came a week or two late. We've been hard to beat for months but far too many draws.

Watch out for man mountain Pablo Mills at the back, fantastic player for us since he signed.
Brian 'the beast' Jensen still has it. Probably our player of the season, see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-iESBtl ... youtu.be&a for evidence!

Danny Mayor can beat a man 5 times over but just needs to offer a little more once he gets in a good position to make it to the next level.

Nardiello always has a goal in him but has been rusty of late after coming back from a knock.

Danny Rose up front is a new cult hero after his 95th minute equaliser last week, you will not see a young lad work harder than this boy, ever!

We have a settled side now and some decent players and did go through a period of complete possession football (our keeper would only ever roll it to the full back and never kick from hands) although our pudding of a pitch has seen this change in the last month.

So that's the over view from Gigg.

Who are the players to watch in your side?

How did Toppy do whilst on loan? (I'd describe him as raw at best, and his display for us against our rivals Rochdale was one of the worst I've witnessed in 30 years)

How many do you think you will bring?

Looking forward to the game and huge respect to anyone who is coming up to the game tomorrow. I've never made it to Plymouth away yet, that is one hell of an away day!

Up the Shakers

Aug 10, 2006
noseyshaker":gi31tai3 said:
Hello from up North,

Bury fan here in peace.

Best bet for a pub is Swan and Cemetery on Manchester road although the Staff of Life is ok too. It's a real shame we don't have an extra 3 or 4 points or this fixture could have been a real season decider for both teams. Unfortunately for us our good run of form just came a week or two late. We've been hard to beat for months but far too many draws.

Watch out for man mountain Pablo Mills at the back, fantastic player for us since he signed.
Brian 'the beast' Jensen still has it. Probably our player of the season, see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-iESBtl ... youtu.be&a for evidence!

Danny Mayor can beat a man 5 times over but just needs to offer a little more once he gets in a good position to make it to the next level.

Nardiello always has a goal in him but has been rusty of late after coming back from a knock.

Danny Rose up front is a new cult hero after his 95th minute equaliser last week, you will not see a young lad work harder than this boy, ever!

We have a settled side now and some decent players and did go through a period of complete possession football (our keeper would only ever roll it to the full back and never kick from hands) although our pudding of a pitch has seen this change in the last month.

So that's the over view from Gigg.

Who are the players to watch in your side?

How did Toppy do whilst on loan? (I'd describe him as raw at best, and his display for us against our rivals Rochdale was one of the worst I've witnessed in 30 years)

How many do you think you will bring?

Looking forward to the game and huge respect to anyone who is coming up to the game tomorrow. I've never made it to Plymouth away yet, that is one hell of an away day!

Up the Shakers
the beast jesus he always played well for burnley when we played them, toppy was hot and cold had a great first 20 minutes away to port vale in the cup. reid clearly the player to watch although he's a bit of an enigma I reckon we will have between 5 and 600 there it's a new ground for a lot of fans as we have not played you lot for a while although being an oldie ive been there a few times. I reckon 1- 1 draw I know you have been playing well but we are not bad away from home most games anyway enjoy the game and remember KEEP IT GREEN.

Apr 17, 2014
Cornish Chris":2hczg0ib said:
Spent many happy afternoons at the Lane when I was exiled in Manchester. Glad to see you've sorted yourselves out - I always think this division is at least one level too low for Bury.

You and me both! I'm sure you feel the same too. It's great to see Ronnie Mauge on your website header. Real tough nut and character from earlier days.

Oct 23, 2013
Block 12
We will proberly play 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 with Blanchard suspended.

Reid and Alessandra are two key players for us.

Nathan Thomas has a good amount of pace and skill, 1 goal and 1 assist in about 6/7 games for us. Not a regular starter, but started the last 2.

Curtis Nelson- our best defender. The way he has played many people at Argyle have forgoten that he is only 20. We will be lucky to keep him in the summer.

Jake Cole- decent shot stopper. Saved us last season. Doesn't come to collect many crosses, but a decent 'keeper for league 2, especially if you have him as a backup.

Ben Purrington- Only 17 will proberly start at left back becauase Parsons has been injured. Product of our academy, been playing well, but as expected (being 17) there are errors in his game. Been rumoured that clubs including Liverpool, Southampton, Brighton and Aston Villa are scouting/ intrested in him

Trotman- dominent figure in the air. Cost us a few too many goals this season. Will proberly be starting along side Nelson as the centre back partnership.

Gurerri- Great work rate. Not the best footballing talent. Good for a league 2 team.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
This should be a good, close game! I'll be on a train somewhere trying to get updates! Toppie was very good for us; I rate him highly and hope we can sign him in the summer.

:facepalm:

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
If we play the same team and formation (apart from Blanchard) as last week, a word of advice: our left wing back is insanely attacking-minded so you should be able to get in behind him loads, drawing Nelson out of position and leaving Trotman exposed. Trotman wins everything in the air, but anything on the ground or any sort of movement off the ball from a striker will leave him all over the place.

Double-mark Reid, pull and push him around a bit (refs never give fouls against him), don't give Hourihane time on the ball, and you've won. You're welcome.

Apr 17, 2014
Dan Ellard":3cigp3hj said:
If we play the same team and formation (apart from Blanchard) as last week, a word of advice: our left wing back is insanely attacking-minded so you should be able to get in behind him loads, drawing Nelson out of position and leaving Trotman exposed. Trotman wins everything in the air, but anything on the ground or any sort of movement off the ball from a striker will leave him all over the place.

Double-mark Reid, pull and push him around a bit (refs never give fouls against him), don't give Hourihane time on the ball, and you've won. You're welcome.

Printed off and pinned to the changing room door. Enjoy the game, hopefully an entertaining home win!

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
noseyshaker":23w5hn6t said:
Dan Ellard":23w5hn6t said:

Printed off and pinned to the changing room door. Enjoy the game, hopefully an entertaining home win!

Have you ever heard of bluff and double bluff. If not, beware. We do not travel that far north to play our worst eleven. It is like watching a Somerset racehorse trainer giving his horse a run out at Carlisle. He will not pay the cost of diesel in his horsebox, not to get a place. It is the same with Argyle's coach. The team will not travel the best part of a 600 mile round trip to lie down at Gigg Lane.

Jul 15, 2011
Last time I was at Gigg lane we won 3.0 in the cup...including trademark Wotton freekick...happy days...I'm hoping for a repeat.... Including the Wotton free kick! !! :)

Apr 19, 2006
near Aberdeen
Quintrell_Green":1vkhy83a said:
Have you ever heard of bluff and double bluff. If not, beware. We do not travel that far north to play our worst eleven. It is like watching a Somerset racehorse trainer giving his horse a run out at Carlisle. He will not pay the cost of diesel in his horsebox, not to get a place. It is the same with Argyle's coach. The team will not travel the best part of a 600 mile round trip to lie down at Gigg Lane.

:whistle:

;)

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
mike_gss":1gbt64c5 said:
Quintrell_Green":1gbt64c5 said:

:whistle:

;)
:funny:

Apr 17, 2014
buck197":1x200m0l said:
Noseyshaker, what was your take on your drubbing of the Greens?

First of all well done to all those who travelled to the game, great effort. I hoped you may have brought close to a 1000 but still a great effort from all who came.

I've read a lot of the criticism of the team and its similar to our msg board after a defeat, pretty doom and gloom. My take is that it was very much a game of 2 halves. First half was even and second half we steam rolled you. It could have been a much different game if your man hadn't missed from under the bar!

Both me and my dad commented that you looked lively, well organised and up for it after around 20 mins. You had come for the win and were winning as many tackles as you were losing. That said our second goal completely knocked the stuffing out of you and gave our players a huge confidence boost and from then on in it was a bit of a mauling for you guys to the point were 4-0 was a little flattering for you.

What did you make of our side? Any players catch your eye for good or bad reasons?

Reid looked lively as expected butI thought we did a pretty good job on him and how big was your sub!

Aug 10, 2006
noseyshaker":2w622d57 said:
buck197":2w622d57 said:

First of all well done to all those who travelled to the game, great effort. I hoped you may have brought close to a 1000 but still a great effort from all who came.

I've read a lot of the criticism of the team and its similar to our msg board after a defeat, pretty doom and gloom. My take is that it was very much a game of 2 halves. First half was even and second half we steam rolled you. It could have been a much different game if your man hadn't missed from under the bar!

Both me and my dad commented that you looked lively, well organised and up for it after around 20 mins. You had come for the win and were winning as many tackles as you were losing. That said our second goal completely knocked the stuffing out of you and gave our players a huge confidence boost and from then on in it was a bit of a mauling for you guys to the point were 4-0 was a little flattering for you.

What did you make of our side? Any players catch your eye for good or bad reasons?

Reid looked lively as expected butI thought we did a pretty good job on him and how big was your sub!
why did you think 1000 may turn up I think 5 and a half hundred was enough anyway have you ever been away south of midlands or is it to far to travel.

Apr 17, 2014
loyal1970":2teoho5m said:
noseyshaker":2teoho5m said:
buck197":2teoho5m said:

why did you think 1000 may turn up I think 5 and a half hundred was enough anyway have you ever been away south of midlands or is it to far to travel.

Not having go as I said at the start, fantastic effort from those who travelled. I 'hoped' there would have been closer to a 1000 as you still had something to play for and the end of the season is fast approaching and I always prefer bigger away followings to be there to help with the atmosphere.

I've been all over the place thanks, 70 grounds at the last count including Torquay and Exeter and hopefully Plymouth in the next season or two. Depends on when it falls and whether we have anything to play for.