J

just_ste

Yea huge progress NOT,6 points more then last year WOW Sheridan has to go

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
tagz":3a0kemgc said:
greengenes":3a0kemgc said:
.... there goes another season .
The best season for 5 years based on league position. Use the remaining 3 matches to prepare for next season

Agreed, a bitterly disappointing end to the season but that does not change the fact that we have made huge progress this season. Our task now is signing the right players to take that next step, it won't be easy and is by no means a given but if we make the right decisions this summer I believe we can make similar progress again next season.

Nov 11, 2006
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Our average points per game is less this season than over Sheridan's 19 games last season. Progress ...my arse!

What this season has shown is that we have a team of bottlers who fail to cope with the big games, and a manager who hasn't got a scooby doo what his best team, formation or tactics are and seems utterly devoid of providing any motivation or ability to change games with tactical nous.

Mar 23, 2008
Someone hit the nail on the head, he will only improve the team if he improves the players. He does not have the tactical nous to do so, once we go a goal down we are screwed.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
massive clear out needed after today's performance...a lot of players need to be playing in someone else's team..

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Ollieargyle9":222wys3l said:
tagz":222wys3l said:
greengenes":222wys3l said:
.... there goes another season .
The best season for 5 years based on league position. Use the remaining 3 matches to prepare for next season

Agreed, a bitterly disappointing end to the season but that does not change the fact that we have made huge progress this season. Our task now is signing the right players to take that next step, it won't be easy and is by no means a given but if we make the right decisions this summer I believe we can make similar progress again next season.
Good grief Ollie how greentinted can you be? How on earth have we made huge progress? After almost half a season last year Sheridan in his first full season has got LESS points per game than last season. I would say he has gone backwards.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Would you not agree Jerry though that it's easier to get points in that concentrated period than over a season?

We could rely on short-term loans like Cox and Bryan that were always gonna struggle to be converted to long-term loans. Over the summer he had to totally revamp the team with long-term players to last 46 games. It's easier to get points firefighting than starting from a clean slate imo. It would have been very tough to firefight in the same way, especially when there wasn't such a fire to begin with. There's a difference between doing what you have to do to survive and building a long-term project. Two very different briefs- as Tony Pulis will find out next season.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
greengenes":29s4u4br said:
Who changed the title of my thread to give it a completely different meaning to the one I intended ?
My thread my sentiments surely = start your own thread . Amazing .

Ian likes to mess around its his modus operandi