Fragility an Issue with midfield void concerning | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fragility an Issue with midfield void concerning

Aug 13, 2011
Well, Argyle have certainly blown the play offs in spectacular fashion. Cant deny that!! Rarely has a team on a roll and entering the business end of the season floundered so badly as us. Pathetically inept against Exeter and Oxford and an icing in the cake pummeling at Bury! Fragile indeed. Seems only when a fit Alessandra, Parsons and Reid are rousing the others from their slumber did we look a threat. The midfield is still woeful, main problem!!. Dictating play and keeping the ball is just not on our agenda. Of late the team cannot pass to save their lives. Just dross! Basics too, that's the worry! We need ball carrying midfielders who can keep momentum going in the right direction. Sorry Wotts, time up, Blizzard not the man, neither Boco. Hourihane to a degree and GuierrI at times the only semi- likely ones, both inconsistent, that i'd consider keeping with but the midfield is so badly wanting its chronic. Thats our void area. No change here in the close season no progress gained by ending mid table. We are back in freefall.

Aug 13, 2011
I wIll add Young shows promise but we have to.stop expecting lads to take lead roles. We need experience in that midfield area; those who can pick a pass. Wotts was a good back years ago. Never a playmaker. Got to get real and get quality in the engine room. The league position is now iirrelevant to next season. Good we didn't go down. Poor we were pathetic given a chance of the play offs. The club bottled it.

Aug 13, 2011
gariboldi":3fdz5fd2 said:
I wIll add Young shows promise but we have to.stop expecting lads to take lead roles. We need experience in that midfield area; those who can pick a pass. Wotts was a good back years ago. Never a playmaker. Got to get real and get quality in the engine room. The league position is now iirrelevant to next season. Good we didn't go down. Poor we were pathetic given a chance of the play offs. The club bottled it.

Young did show promise, now another club can reap the benefits?

C

Cobi Budge.

gariboldi":osj6t11z said:
gariboldi":osj6t11z said:

Why should we hold on to a player because he might do well somewhere else?

He showed promise, and has done for years but it never really developed in to anything.

Jul 30, 2013
The Wicked Westcountry
Cobi Budge.":3310r6lc said:
gariboldi":3310r6lc said:
gariboldi":3310r6lc said:

Why should we hold on to a player because he might do well somewhere else?

He showed promise, and has done for years but it never really developed in to anything.

Christ almighty he's 21.

What were you expecting, Ross Barkley?

Has showed promise for years.. Well yes, of course he has, because he's a talented youngster is why who needs time to develop.

Do you honestly think he had fully developed and didn't deserve another year? He's had a decent season anyway ffs.

C

Cobi Budge.

Nelson is 20 and already one of our very best players? He's shown a significant improvement year on year, as has Conor.

Young just hasn't advanced and as Sheridan says has stayed in his "comfort zone". There's a time when potential becomes wasted.

And I don't see how extremely inconsistent = decent season.

Jun 11, 2012
Cobi Budge.":2ssvrosh said:
Nelson is 20 and already one of our very best players? He's shown a significant improvement year on year, as has Conor.

Young just hasn't advanced and as Sheridan says has stayed in his "comfort zone". There's a time when potential becomes wasted.

He was very good at times, but he tended to go missing in games too.

I think that, averaged out over a year, results in a decent season personally.

Oct 14, 2013
Cobi Budge.":388pbny7 said:

Then again hourihane has only just turned into a decent player after a poor year as 21.
Bit I think I would still have to agree with you, even if he did come good, unfortunately I don't think Sheridan has the time (with the club and fans) to dally around with a potential playoff or promotion team he NEEDS a playoff or promotion team. Shame but time to move on.

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
Just for clarity, should anyone get the wrong idea: my gosh-durned hilarious previous post related solely to the title of this thread, not to posts herein.