Just back | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Just back

...to Knaresborough, 4 miles from Harrogate so an easier trip than for the poor souls having to make the long trip back to the Westcountry after that dross.

Interesting that after John Sheridan said that Luke Young would definitely play because he is the best passer of the ball at the club, he didn't make the starting XI. Hourihane and Blizzard got the centre midfield roles and Banton and Gurrieri were out wide. The latter was anonymous and I couldn't tell you one thing he did while he was on the pitch. Banton at least tried but with little effect.

Bury got a soft early goal after getting in between Purrington and the central defenders. Argyle did actually have more possession before the break but did little with it, although Reid should really have got a goal as he had a couple of chances.

Half time meant we got to stand out in the sun for a bit so that was nice before Argyle waved the white flag on the match and their season. Penalty straight away after the break, given y the linesman. Not sure what for as it was at the other end. Nardiello put it straight down the middle and a couple of minutes later, Bury got a third. Beautiful cross and pinpoint header. After that, the game petered out. The Argyle fans amused themselves with songs about the stewards and celebrated fake goals as there was little to enjoy on the pitch. Thomas, Young and Showumni came on but added little. Showumni put himself about but main contribution was to block a Banton shot. Disappointed that some of the bored Argyle fans celebrated Bury's 4th but I can understand their frustration. Good away turnout though in the large away end.

Did anyone come out with credit? Not really. Berry put in a few good tackles, Cole was let down by his defence(although his kicking was poor) and Alessandra and Reid made an effort upfront. Wouldn't be surprised to see wholesale changes on Monday, perhaps even in goal to give Dawson a game before his loan ends. I won't be watching us again until the new season and I hope we've strengthened the squad by then as we lack depth for a real promotion push.

M

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
bloody awfull today
hourihane was as bad as I've ever seen
banton had his best game back
cole at fault for the penalty for again flapping at yhe original cross

I can handle losing but not no effort
times up for Sheridan for me no new ideas always the players fault but the team now after 12 months don't look like coming together Also only alessandra and trot man been any good out of his permanent signings

German Shepherd

🚑 Steve Hooper
Oct 2, 2009
Fulwood Lancs
If Cole hadn't flapped at the cross Trotman wouldn't have given away the penalty.
Perfect summing up by Martin Brock-now to enjoy nearly 4 months without Argyle, happy days.

Mar 18, 2006
Predictable poor performance again today by all accounts.

That said , I'm happy we haven't had another relegation battle and will finish around mid table as I predicted at the start of the season .

Season over for me now, can't stand meaningless end of season kick abouts like the 2 home games we have left, any more than I can pre season friendlies.

Roll on August and some new faces .

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
German Shepherd":jnzi95qr said:
If Cole hadn't flapped at the cross Trotman wouldn't have given away the penalty.
Perfect summing up by Martin Brock-now to enjoy nearly 4 months without Argyle, happy days.

If you're going that far you could say that if a Scunthorpe player had injured the man who put the cross in for Cole to flap at for Trotman to concede the penalty then it would never have happened. So it's just a matter of finding out which one of Scunny's players should've done it. Then it can be his fault.

Jul 6, 2011
O God, let's quickly agree that Cole flaps about before Cobi turns up
(sorry Cobi, couldn't resist :greensmile: )

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
Oooh that was a long drive home after an afternoon that was scripted after Bury went ahead in the 8th minute.
Martin B's report is spot on; what I can't fathom is the complete lack of passion on the pitch and sidelines. Incompetence I can put up with, this is the fourth division, so I don't expect Lionel Messi but I do expect better than them wandering out like a pub team after the half time break and then playing like one (again, exactly as per against Exeter and as per against Oxford) because the players have actually lost concentration, while Bury (as did Exeter) came out of the traps for the second half and killed the game within a couple of minutes.
And tactically we are a mess too. 352 meant we were caught out behind the wing backs but today's 442 left us passing across the pitch and Hourihane simply is no good playing so far back. So, Alessandra and Reid hardly had a kick all afternoon.
Wholesale clearout? You bet, this lot are simply not good enough... but can Sheridan get the right players in and then get them to play? I doubt it but James Brent's laudable policy of loyalty is not going to change now...
Good word for Nelson, he has come on brilliantly this season...

German Shepherd

🚑 Steve Hooper
Oct 2, 2009
Fulwood Lancs
Liam Vercoe":1kwuseoi said:
German Shepherd":1kwuseoi said:

If you're going that far you could say that if a Scunthorpe player had injured the man who put the cross in for Cole to flap at for Trotman to concede the penalty then it would never have happened. So it's just a matter of finding out which one of Scunny's players should've done it. Then it can be his fault.

I can't tell you which Scunthorpe player player crossed the ball, however he was must have a bloody strong boot on him. :lol:

Watch the goal on telly and you'll see how culpable Cole was.

Jan 29, 2010
Martin_Brock":3plyp1kl said:
...to Knaresborough, 4 miles from Harrogate so an easier trip than for the poor souls having to make the long trip back to the Westcountry after that dross.

Interesting that after John Sheridan said that Luke Young would definitely play because he is the best passer of the ball at the club, he didn't make the starting XI. Hourihane and Blizzard got the centre midfield roles and Banton and Gurrieri were out wide. The latter was anonymous and I couldn't tell you one thing he did while he was on the pitch. Banton at least tried but with little effect.

Bury got a soft early goal after getting in between Purrington and the central defenders. Argyle did actually have more possession before the break but did little with it, although Reid should really have got a goal as he had a couple of chances.

Half time meant we got to stand out in the sun for a bit so that was nice before Argyle waved the white flag on the match and their season. Penalty straight away after the break, given y the linesman. Not sure what for as it was at the other end. Nardiello put it straight down the middle and a couple of minutes later, Bury got a third. Beautiful cross and pinpoint header. After that, the game petered out. The Argyle fans amused themselves with songs about the stewards and celebrated fake goals as there was little to enjoy on the pitch. Thomas, Young and Showumni came on but added little. Showumni put himself about but main contribution was to block a Banton shot. Disappointed that some of the bored Argyle fans celebrated Bury's 4th but I can understand their frustration. Good away turnout though in the large away end.

Did anyone come out with credit? Not really. Berry put in a few good tackles, Cole was let down by his defence(although his kicking was poor) and Alessandra and Reid made an effort upfront. Wouldn't be surprised to see wholesale changes on Monday, perhaps even in goal to give Dawson a game before his loan ends. I won't be watching us again until the new season and I hope we've strengthened the squad by then as we lack depth for a real promotion push.

M

Not quite true. Yes some fans were cheering when the forth went in but they were pretending we had scored did you not hear ar the lets pretend weve scored a goal chants. They were in good form seeing as the performancw was so bad. Chant of the day shoes of if you love the greens or who the f#(@ are Bayern Munich

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Thanks for the "Just backs".

Usually after a poor first half performance a team comes out for the second half with all guns blazing but too often we have failed miserably in the second half and it sounds the same today.
Just what is Sheridan saying to the players in the dressing room at half time?

Are the players not following his instructions? Have they no faith in his tactics? Has he lost the dressing room?

There's lots for Sheridan to ponder over the summer. The club needs winners on the pitch.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
German Shepherd":itg5kvcl said:
Liam Vercoe":itg5kvcl said:
German Shepherd":itg5kvcl said:

I can't tell you which Scunthorpe player player crossed the ball, however he was must have a bloody strong boot on him. :lol:

Watch the goal on telly and you'll see how culpable Cole was.

I'll have to wait until the FLS tomorrow, bookmark this, I'll be back!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Total shambles today.

Not a proud Pilgrim tonight, and am considering not going to Pompey.

Why should I bother? They don't.

Jul 30, 2013
The Wicked Westcountry
IJN":n8s4rf1g said:
Total shambles today.

Not a proud Pilgrim tonight, and am considering not going to Pompey.

Why should I bother? They don't.

Exactly.

I can't go anyway, playing a cup final at Home Park at 10:30. Hoped we got into the play offs instead of it really as the game wouldn't be played at HP, but now? Well, it's a great pitch, and I can't wait.

Just feel for those who bought tickets early.. Can't see us getting a huge number up there now.

Apr 18, 2009
Green Rhino said:
Oooh that was a long drive home after an afternoon that was scripted after Bury went ahead in the 8th minute.
Martin B's report is spot on; what I can't fathom is the complete lack of passion on the pitch and sidelines. Incompetence I can put up with, this is the fourth division, so I don't expect Lionel Messi but I do expect better than them wandering out like a pub team after the half time break and then playing like one (again, exactly as per against Exeter and as per against Oxford) because the players have actually lost concentration, while Bury (as did Exeter) came out of the traps for the second half and killed the game within a couple of minutes.
And tactically we are a mess too. 352 meant we were caught out behind the wing backs but today's 442 left us passing across the pitch and Hourihane simply is no good playing so far back. So, Alessandra and Reid hardly had a kick all afternoon.
Wholesale clearout? You bet, this lot are simply not good enough... but can Sheridan get the right players in and then get them to play? I doubt it but James Brent's laudable policy of loyalty is not going to change now...
Good word for Nelson, he has come on brilliantly this season...[Thanks Green Rhino, totally agree with your comments about the Exeter and Oxford games. Need to look carefully at the squad and whole management team. There are decent players. Paul Sturrock got us out of this division by mixing formations but keeping the football simple. Let's try attacking football next season and aim for a positive goal difference.