Sheridan Brent, and team should pay GA back.. | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sheridan Brent, and team should pay GA back..

Dec 20, 2011
Who attended ,The ticket money ,back to the Green Army who payed to see a crucial match hundreds of miles away on a bank holiday , to watch a toothless spineless inept display ...

These "players" have probably booked their holidays now , in far away places while most can only hope of a sunny summer in Devon or other uk "resorts "

Oh. Never happen will it???? :furious:

Sep 2, 2008
I think people should just start to think real. At the end of the day there are 16 players out of contract at the end of the season. I'm betting many have already decided themselves that they are going to move on rather than wait to see if Sheridan offers them something new. Those players are never going to be busting their bo**ocks and run the risk of injuring themselves as they wouldn't be as attractive to a new club. If I could work out that we'd missed our chance at the playoffs after the defeat against Exeter then I'm sure the players could. Sheridan is right in his post match comments by saying 'we just gave up'. Thing is though, imo, we gave up a few games back. I don't expect much at all from our remaining games. Save your money for next season.

Jun 22, 2005
Pottypilgrim":1pynyavb said:
I think people should just start to think real. At the end of the day there are 16 players out of contract at the end of the season. I'm betting many have already decided themselves that they are going to move on rather than wait to see if Sheridan offers them something new. Those players are never going to be busting their bo**ocks and run the risk of injuring themselves as they wouldn't be as attractive to a new club. If I could work out that we'd missed our chance at the playoffs after the defeat against Exeter then I'm sure the players could. Sheridan is right in his post match comments by saying 'we just gave up'. Thing is though, imo, we gave up a few games back. I don't expect much at all from our remaining games. Save your money for next season.

Great post.

Thing is, where do some of these players think their going to end up? Only a few are capable of playing at a higher level and in league 2 we are a big club. Seems odd to want away to play in front of 1500 northeners who are only there as Man Utd are away.....

Mar 21, 2013
We lost a game of football, we didn't play well & it was poor, people made their own choices to attend the game that is all, you can't realistically expect money back every time something doesn't work out as you wanted, this is life just deal with it.

Oct 22, 2009
Pottypilgrim":7voulfw6 said:

This

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
I think asking the players to pay the Green Army back is a little unfair on them; as I've stressed on many other threads, we've felt very proud of these same players after other games. Having said that, the club could offer them free tickets to a future away game, or an upcoming home game if they're not season-ticket holders.

Sep 18, 2013
And I have booked a seat and train tickets to come up from Camborne next Saturday - should I just forgo the money I've paid out and stay at home!

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
simmmo":1xab4pdv said:
And I have booked a seat and train tickets to come up from Camborne next Saturday - should I just forgo the money I've paid out and stay at home!

No, any excuse to get out of Camborne is a good one! Although isn't next Saturday Trevithick Day?

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
The big club argument is rather fanciful.
Well-supported would seem something different.

Wolves have proved they're a big club for L1.
Apart from a few tints on here, one couldn't anticipate any of the lower league 'football family' out there thinking of Argyle as a threatening big fish in the L2 pond.

Cept for some hot air spouted roundabout ticket sales time, everything about Argyle now feels geared to and befitting L2 football long term.

Avoid relegation. Apologise heartfeltedly for the mediocrity. Enjoy the awards dinner. Job done.
How will the cycle break. Unknown.

Apr 15, 2008
London
Don't_Panic":12o9mht9 said:
We lost a game of football, we didn't play well & it was poor, people made their own choices to attend the game that is all, you can't realistically expect money back every time something doesn't work out as you wanted, this is life just deal with it.

:nworthy:

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Football owes you nothing. Win, lose or draw, by attending you've accepted a chance to receive either of those 3 results. The performance sounded a shambles though and I have the utmost respect for those that travelled, no one deserved to see their team get beat in such a manner. For clubs like Argyle however, these days will happen. But we'll appreciate the wins all the more because of it. Look at Spurs today, a celebration of 5 seconds and some gentle clapping from the White Hart faithful after Paulinho knocked in the opener. They're so conditioned to wins and expectant of it they barely seem to care that they've scored.

Apr 1, 2009
What nonsense. As a fan you pay your money, you take your chance. I'm not asking to be paid back. However it's finished me for this season - will give Pompey tickets away and forsake the remaining home games. If the team can't be bothered, then I'll find something better to do.

k21

Jan 4, 2012
We must remember that last season about this time we escaped relegation. I'm sure most of us would have settled for a mid table spot at the beginning of this season.
We are progressing, not as fast as we would like but the only way is up!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope that we don't lose all of our better players that will be out of contract at the end of the season.

Sep 18, 2013
Yes Trevithick Day in Camborne is next Saturday so Mrs not too happy when I made the purchases before I realised the date!