Brief synopsis | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Brief synopsis

C

Cobi Budge.

I wish I stayed at work and got double pay today, I really do.

Poor from the off, Cole made a good stop to keep us in it, but then nearly cost us with a miskick.

We took the lead through a half chance, a brilliant Hourihane strike, but he was quite poor otherwise.

Wimbledon had the best of the chances, and missed 2 excellent ones, shooting over the bar.

Wotton was completely at fault for their goal, just not strong enough, far too easy, Blizzard nowhere in sight.

That was it for the first half, no fight, no passion, no nothing, just seemed like a training excercise.

In the second, Banton was always positive, but let down by his team mates, Alessandra had a shot blocked but that was it until they scored. A through ball cut the poor Blizzard in two, and Cole was far too slow off his line.

We tried to come back in to it and we actually looked better hoofing to Morgan, Reid & Enoch, Blanchard had an effort turned on to the bar.

Terrible atmosphere, and it's no wonder.

Seriously starting to doubt Mr Sulky, aka. John Sheridan.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
There's something seriously wrong.

C

Cobi Budge.

Oh and match ratings:

Cole - 5 - Much better in the air today, but poor with the ball at his feet, way too slow off his line for their goal.

Gurrieri - 4 - he ran and ran and got nowhere.

Blizzard - 3 - Waste of a starting spot really.

Wotton - 2 - Even worse than Blizzard.

Nelson - 5 - One of the better ones but still not great.

Parsons - 3 - He has pace, why does he refuse to use it?

Hourihane - 5 - Didn't do an awful lot apart from the goal.

Young - 3 - Far too slow, second to everything.

Banton - 7 - Hardest worker out there (never thought I'd say that) and tried to make things happen.

Alessandra - 6 - Did alright.

Reid - 4 - Poor finishing throughout unfortunately, didn't get much luck from the ref though.

Blanchard - 5 - Had our best second half effort on goal I guess.
Morgan - 6 - Won everything in the air in fairness.
Showunmi - 5 - Didn't really notice he was out there.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
I've lost all my faith in the guy, I don't even feel as if I want to go saturday and Portsmouth because we'll most likely get smashed.

Mar 18, 2006
Cobi Budge.":1qbpo38g said:
I wish I stayed at work and got double pay today, I really do.

Poor from the off, Cole made a good stop to keep us in it, but then nearly cost us with a miskick.

We took the lead through a half chance, a brilliant Hourihane strike, but he was quite poor otherwise.

Wimbledon had the best of the chances, and missed 2 excellent ones, shooting over the bar.

Wotton was completely at fault for their goal, just not strong enough, far too easy, Blizzard nowhere in sight.

That was it for the first half, no fight, no passion, no nothing, just seemed like a training excercise.

In the second, Banton was always positive, but let down by his team mates, Alessandra had a shot blocked but that was it until they scored. A through ball cut the poor Blizzard in two, and Cole was far too slow off his line.

We tried to come back in to it and we actually looked better hoofing to Morgan, Reid & Enoch, Blanchard had an effort turned on to the bar.

Terrible atmosphere, and it's no wonder.

Seriously starting to doubt Mr Sulky, aka. John Sheridan.

Cobi, performance and result aside there was always going to be a poor atmosphere .
Nothing to play for , no different than a pre season friendly.

Jul 30, 2013
The Wicked Westcountry
Just a shambles. We didn't want it at all.

There's now a good chance we wont even finish in the top half, do we class that as a good season?

Dire football, and no passion.

Every week I'm trying to look for new excuses for Shez, well, I give up. Not Sheridan out but absolutely no idea what to do when it starts to go wrong.

We make the poo teams look good. Simple as that.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Could do with keeping most of the present team but get rid of Sheridan. :furious:

M

Monkey Nuts

1) It's all about pride and selling season tickets now.
2) That schitt we suffered today will neither build any pride or sell a single season ticket.
3) I've got a horrible gut feeling that there's something fundamental that needs fixing and not just a couple new faces.
4) Wish I hadn't put 20 quid into Portsmouths bank account now.
5) Meh

Aug 11, 2013
Can I suggest people leave it 24 hours before committing finger to keyboard after that or the mods will be here all night deleting expletives.

Sheridan will rant. The players will ignore. Thank god there's only one more home game to suffer.

Brief synopsis : the contents of my septic tank.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The same old story.

The performance was like watching one from the last games of the Fletcher era where we would have a 15 minute purple patch and play quite well only for the rest of the match to be a shambles.

Yet another second half where we look a poor team when you expect the players to be galvanised after the half time team talk and take the game by the scruff of the neck.

Sheridan started with a 3-4-1-2 formation with Gurrieri and Parsons as wingbacks, Wotton in the middle of defence and Banton floating behind Reid and Alessandra. By the end of the match five of the starting 10 outfield players had played in at least two different positions.
It was clear the instructions were to play football with Cole often rolling the ball out to defenders and play from there.

Wimbledon started the better team and had a couple of half chances but against the run of play we took the lead.
A great passing move broke down only for Banton to win the ball back, the ball fell to Hourihane who took an age to think about his options before shooting from 25 yards out. The ball sailed in and we were seemingly on our way to victory.

We then dominated the game with Banton at the heart of it all, either running at defenders or tackling to win the ball back.
Chances fell for Reid and Alessandra before disaster struck, Wimbledon exploited Blizzard's lack of pace down the right side and in trying to cover for him Wotton's lack of pace was also exposed although he did appear to be fouled.
The cross the found the unmarked Midson who tapped in from 18 yards when you would expect Cole to come out and close him down.
Wotton received a yellow for his protest.

For the second half we just collapsed, there was no urgency, no momentum and some players already had their flip flops on. Just what happens during half time because this isn't the first time we've had a poor second half?

Wimbledon scored what proved to be the winner on a counter attack. Reid just had a great chance when the ball was cleared, Blizzard and Wotton couldn't catch Appiah and once again Cole didn't come out to close him down and the round white thing nestled in the far corner of the net.

Sheridan rolled the dice and sent on Showunmi and Blanchard and switched to 4-4-2 with Banton and Alessandra on the wings.
Soon after Morgan came on for Gurrieri and it was Land of the Giants up front, except rarely did we cross or hit the ball long to our big strikers.

Cole pulled off a great save by tipping a shot onto a post.

Right at the death Blanchard took a swing at the ball following a corner and it was blocked with the ball looping over the crossbar. With that the game and the season waved cheerio!

Banton and Reid and to a lesser extent Alessandra and Hourihane can be pleased with their performance and effort, the rest were just awful.

Banton had his best game since returning in January and yet ended up subbed.
Young, Blizzard and Parsons were just poor. Parsons often received the ball in space but was reluctant to surge forward, instead he opted to pass backwards or sideways.

What makes this defeat even worse is that Wimbledon were no great shakes and yet they beat us in our own back yard.

I think the team now mirrors the personality of the manager - dour and lacking in any kind of excitement.

C

Cobi Budge.

The sad thing is we looked better when we brought on Morgan & Showunmi and started hoofing. :cry:

Aug 11, 2013
PL2 3DQ":gq6f1b0s said:
Banton had his best game since returning in January and yet ended up subbed.

Another bemusing tactical decision from the boss ....

And how have our coaching team turned such a promising player as Parsons into such a poor player in such a short time?