Was that Wottons last game for Argyle | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Was that Wottons last game for Argyle

Dec 17, 2005
Plymouth
I think it's time for Paul to hang is boots up now.
I think another season will not be in his best interests or Argyles
I think today's match showed his legs are gone for professional football.
Let us remember you as you were Paul, not as a player struggling in Division 2

Nov 2, 2004
Hope he plays in the last game,even as a sub.I for one would like to cheer him on and off.Thanks for everything Paul Wotton.

Mar 3, 2004
Cornwall
Will probably start and get taken off so crowd can applaud him off.

Will be the end of an era if indeed it is his last appearance at HP along with the grandstand.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
If Wotton is to retire, it will be decided before this Saturday's game, so that he can be given the send off he deserves at Home Park.

I think it'd be the best. Time to move into a coaching role I think.

Mar 23, 2008
Felt sorry for him today as he was left horribly exposed by pace for their first goal. He knows he's slow, we know he's slow and the manager knows he's slow. So why was he playing centrally in a three where there was huge potential he would be last man? Shocking tactics.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
He has always been slow but his legs of gone and so has his head judging on todays performance. Sorry no sentiment in football, thanks for what you have done in the past but just like Branston its time to move on

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
Let's hope wottsy can equal 491 appearances at home park on Saturday v Hartlepool set by Sammy black

And even 492 v Portsmouth away and into the record books as 2nd highest ever apperances at Plymouth argyle

Jul 6, 2011
I think whatever decision Paul comes to he doesn't need advice from any of us. Whatever we think we know he knows a hundred times more, so over to you Wottsey.
One thing we shouldn't forget though is the respect the man deserves for his involvement in our championship years and those never say die performances. The man is an Argyle hero

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
I vote for sentiment, and to hell with any football pofiteers what say otherwise.
No one has shown more green bloodedness in them.
I hope the old man eeks out more, that's needed, for what's a mere swansong to the awesome pilgrim hero that's he.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
I hope he features in the other two remaining games. He looked past it again today but sod it, we have nothing to play for and the man's a hero and an Argyle legend. Get him to 492 and give him a good send-off.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
It's the only thing left of any meaning for the last two games so hopefully Sheridan will show some respect and play Wottsie, although Wottsie will probably won't want to be selected out of sentiment.

The way modern football is now we'll never see a player play so many games for Argyle again.

The campaign to play Wottsie for the last two games starts here! #playwottsie

C

Cult Of Personality

Wotton has to retire you can see his legs are gone. He dont have that snap in the legs to ping the ball around. He a liability nowadays we can not carry players like him anymore

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
Gary_Wills":2kdq8yja said:
I vote for sentiment, and to hell with any football pofiteers what say otherwise.
No one has shown more green bloodedness in them.
I hope the old man eeks out more, that's needed, for what's a mere swansong to the awesome pilgrim hero that's he.

This all day long. :scarf:

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Didn't have the pace to play at the center of a three man defence yesterday I'm afraid, you can never fault his effort or his love for Argyle but sadly I think that may be that for him, he's had a bleddy good run and despite the leadership qualities he brings to the team I feel he's quite a way off the pace these days which cannot be ignored.

Still, there seems to be so little to play for now we might as well send him off in style and play him these final few games, a loyal servant to the club and a hell of a player during his heyday. I will never forget the old Wotton free kick or the Wotton penalty, so hard the opposing 'keepers didn't want to get anything on them :greensmile:

Thanks for everything Wottsie, a true Argyle hero :scarf:

#playwottsie