'Green Tints' | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

'Green Tints'

Jul 30, 2013
The Wicked Westcountry
This is a term that's really starting to get to me now. Why, when I try and pick out what few positives there are or a player who's done alright or something that didn't end in bad news, do I get branded a derogatory 'green tint'. I can't get why people say this. By their basis, anything good that happens I only see as good because of my 'green spectacles'.

Totally understand that sometimes people do ignore the obvious, but feel the term has gone a bit too far and is now used to describe anyone who has anything positive to say.

Got called a 'Sheridan tint' today which made me chuckle, all I said was give him until Christmas! (You know who you are! :D )

It is hard to take positives out of some things, like today, where there were basically none. It's just boring, predictable and slightly offensive from some people to slate any sort of positive comment as 'green tinted'.

(Rant over, just something that's been bothering me for a while).

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
PilgrimJosh":3t3gsiw0 said:
This is a term that's really starting to get to me now. Why, when I try and pick out what few positives there are or a player who's done alright or something that didn't end in bad news, do I get branded a derogatory 'green tint'. I can't get why people say this. By their basis, anything good that happens I only see as good because of my 'green spectacles'.

Totally understand that sometimes people do ignore the obvious, but feel the term has gone a bit too far and is now used to describe anyone who has anything positive to say.

Got called a 'Sheridan tint' today which made me chuckle, all I said was give him until Christmas! (You know who you are! :D )

It is hard to take positives out of some things, like today, where there were basically none. It's just boring, predictable and slightly offensive from some people to slate any sort of positive comment as 'green tinted'.

(Rant over, just something that's been bothering me for a while).

I don't think the term is derogatory, or it's not as far as I am concerned, I think you are being overly sensitive.

Man up; if you genuinely think that Sheridan is doing a good job, that's fine and you are perfectly entitled to that view.

There are very few positives to be gained from this season, hence Sheridan talking about a complete overall of the playing squad.

But he also needs to look at own performance as the man ultimately responsible for events on the field.