Gurrieri... multipositional? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Gurrieri... multipositional?

Aug 22, 2006
Sorry i'm confused...
I'm a fan of the guy. To the hardcore supporters who turn up week in week out.
I've seen him play just behind the strikers or in a midfield 5 where he is used more as an attacking threat... so what's going on here? One minute he is a wing-back the next minute he is actually a full-back? So i'm thinking is it justified to have a go at the bloke if he is playing 2 positions out of position? Is it because his ball control is above averege? Technically he has always been decent... but I just feel it's sad to pick on the bloke when he is playing 2 positions from his normal position. A bit like Blanchard. He's been playing out of position so why pick on him? The blame lies elsewhere surely?

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
Probably because after a bad result one two or possibly even three players have to take the rap and be torn to pieces on here, it's the Pasoti way and i'm affraid Gurrieri along with Maxi must take their turn. Reid has'nt scored for a couple of games now so it will be his turn soon.

Aug 22, 2006
Well it's fine after a string of bad performances but when these performances are totally out of position then what's going on?

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
MAZZA26":1kfx77ow said:
Well it's fine after a string of bad performances but when these performances are totally out of position then what's going on?
Some times there is no rhyme or reason, it's just born out of frustation but hardly fair on the individual player who's taking the grief at the time I agree.

Mar 23, 2008
I like him but wing back does not suit him. He plays at his best in a 4-5-1 playing centrally as he did against Exeter last year and he was superb.

Mar 23, 2008
Yeah I'd keep him, puts a shift in every week and can play numerous positions. As I said I feel his best position is centrally as a playmaker in a 4-5-1. Didn't have his best game yesterday but doesn't hide and shows for a pass and if we do want to control possession better he's someone who could help do that.

L

love_walrus

If he is going to be kept, I would like to see him played at right back in a back four. Get a winger to play in front of him and that could be a winning combination down the right side.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Surely Gurrieri should be playing in behind a front two. He is not a wide player but he is creative and he holds onto the ball well. But for much of the season we haven't played a formation that enables that to happen and when we have we have played others in that role.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Sheridan plays quite a few players out of position. The only person that Argyle could benefit from being played out of position is Sheridan preferably 300 miles to the north

Sep 1, 2006
This will certainly be his last season of English league football. Released from Burton and I'm certain he will be gone at end of season.

Poor poor player. Doesn't score, doesn't beat people, weak, slow, not a great passer and can't tackle. But he does work hard...

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
SMIAL":tjae39yk said:
This will certainly be his last season of English league football. Released from Burton and I'm certain he will be gone at end of season.

Poor poor player. Doesn't score, doesn't beat people, weak, slow, not a great passer and can't tackle. But he does work hard...
A very good summary, I would just like to add that he seems to be a genuinely nice guy as well.

It's a pity he has so little to offer on the field.

I cannot remember a single assist from him when he was playing in a more advanced position.

All too often, he seemed to prefer to run away from goal back towards the halfway line and then play a sideways or backwards pass.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
To be honest it would be hard for anyone to shine in the last seven games.