Luke Young | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Luke Young

Sep 1, 2006
Does everyone think he will be offered a new deal? I fear it might be the end for him.

Struggled to cement a place in the team, doubt he even started 3 games in a row. An area that I feel will be ripped apart and strengthened.

Oct 28, 2011
It would be the biggest mistake since we let Hodges, Nalis and Wotton all go at the same time.

Don't be a fool Sheridan.

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

If Luke Young isn't here next season it won't be because we haven't offered him a new deal. It will be because a bigger and better club want him.

Technically one of our best players with just over a hundred professional games I think now. Luke is going places beyond League Two in his career. I just hope it is with us.

C

Cult Of Personality

In and out is Luke

When he playing well he can be the best passer of the ball on the pitch

When he has a bad game like he did yesterday he is god awful and will misplace every pass

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
Heard a few weeks back from a friend (no idea where he heard it) that Gillingham enquired for Luke.

A division above us and most likely better finances aswell. Could be tempting.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Frazer Lloyd-Davies":166dnihk said:
If Luke Young isn't here next season it won't be because we haven't offered him a new deal. It will be because a bigger and better club want him.

Technically one of our best players with just over a hundred professional games I think now. Luke is going places beyond League Two in his career. I just hope it is with us.
I think today demands more than technical skills to be successful. Although the Premier League is awash with money, one of the less costly aspects of what they do must be developing a player's physique. Surely it is hard and relentless work rather than pots of money. I look at that lad Bolasie now and see his wide shoulders and massive upper-body strength. At Home Park we seem to have had a long series of young lads who never develop a strong physique and do not then have the strength required to out-muscle opponents. I think with the physical strength the mental strength quickly follows. If Luke Young is to make it in a higher sphere then he has to become stronger physically and then he will be able to dominate games, something he does not do too often at present.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
I think (very much like the team) that he's been better than last season but needs to improve even further.

I'd offer him a deal and hope he keeps progressing.

He's only turned 21 just recent. For a midfielder who doesn't rely on his pace/engine, that's absolutely no age at all. Still very young.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
A player that with some consistency and a decent run of games (goes hand in hand I suppose) could develop into a very tidy midfielder.

He needs exposure and to build on both his confidence and development.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
I think he'll stay, Sheridan rates him as a passer of the ball, but I think he realises that this current team and set up doesn't suit him.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
We lost Luke Summerfield, which always annoyed me, and we shouldn't lose another Plymouth born lad who attempts to make his way in pro football.

Love his dinky passes and his quadrant free kicks, he just needs to concentrate a bit more, and I'm sure he could become a long serving player for us.

PAFC is far better when it has local lads amongst its ranks.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
I think we have to take Luke Summerfield as an example who was also a late developer and didn't really establish himself in anyone's team until he was around 23 years old.

I'd give Young another contract for sure. There is potential there.