Exeter City match display (Wall of Colour) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Exeter City match display (Wall of Colour)

Aug 14, 2006
A couple of seasons ago, the ‘Green and White’ display was a huge success at Home Park and we’d like to create a similar display again when we play Exeter City on 16th August.
What a way it would be to start the new season off with this and welcoming our new signings to the sight of a huge display from the Green Army!
I have acquired some funding for this display, so its time to get things moving.

We’d like to change the design of the display a little this time around (but not the size of it) and with this in mind, we’d like to hear of any suggestions you might have. We have a few ideas already, but we’d be willing to look into the possibility of other ideas too!
I will need lots of help closer to the time to make this work, but for now i would be interested to hear your thoughts and any ideas you have.

Apr 28, 2013
Think we should have something slightly different to last time, maybe a different pattern or something?

CornishPaul":3i827z8s said:
How about all the big Argyle flags get laid out across the empty Mayflower terrace. Something a few supporters can help out with.

Should be done every game anyway, to fill the vast wasteland that encourages a reserve game atmosphere for the away team

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
Broc's Pilgrimage":3laoygb4 said:
I do agree flags are good ...

Apparently https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYeFcSq7Mxg

Joking aside I would love to see mayflower terrace or away end covered every home game ! I heard there were quite a few in storage at the club ? It wouldnt take much to put some out and in b4 and after a game ?

As for the display .... how good would a green and white Mayflower ship look on demport end !! :scarf:

This.

Not to go to far off topic, but let's make use of the open space in the Mayflower end, just because no one is in standing there doesn't mean support can't come from there!

tonsk

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 19, 2003
Plymouth
www.dastardlys.co.uk
Would love to see this with the crest on halfway and band carrying on around the horseshoe.

0010583_plymouth-argyle_100_zpsad5a716b.png

I did these kind of designs in the past for the old Nokia phones on the OS so I would be happy to give a hand in design, its only big pixels at the end of the day.

tonsk

Jun 8, 2014
Everyone holds up blue squares?

In all seriousness, I reckon if it was possible, then a white background with words spelt out, or a crest or pattern in green.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Richard Allan":290vovqf said:
CornishPaul":290vovqf said:
How about all the big Argyle flags get laid out across the empty Mayflower terrace. Something a few supporters can help out with.

Should be done every game anyway, to fill the vast wasteland that encourages a reserve game atmosphere for the away team

The flags that we've had over the years should be ample to fill the lower Mayflower terraces. One I believe is away being repaired ( the one that a collection was made for). :scarf:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I think it's worth remembering that the more complicated the idea the bigger chance of cocking up.

The last design turned out stunningly and that was a very simple design.

All it needs is a couple of miserable Janners in the middle of a crest and it ends up looking like a Greek salad.

Feb 25, 2007
St Blazey
Stick with a similar idea because it looked brilliant last time. Well ill bring my flag. Happy to help lay out the old Lyndhurst flags. Always remember it being passed over the Mayflower when we played Colchester in the play offs. What a night.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Every 4 columns in a block alternate between Green and White? It'd make each block look sort of like our home shirt but would probably take a very long time to get it all prepared

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
IJN":3bs10psv said:
I think it's worth remembering that the more complicated the idea the bigger chance of cocking up.

All it needs is a couple of miserable Janners in the middle of a crest and it ends up looking like a Greek salad.

Agree with this. Keep it simple, pull it off, make screensavers out of the photos ;)

I like the idea of flags on the Mayflower steps. Would need some trustworthy volunteers to be able to do it if it was to be a regular thing though.

Edit to add: whatever display does go ahead, I hope the club takes advantage of what could be a great photo op for merchandise - rather than the matchday panorama they have on sale of the horseshoe in a random game vs. Northampton or Cheltenham in a barely half full stadium... I was looking at possibly purchasing a framed picture from the club for my new flat, but the ones they have are rather drab and uninspiring.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
IJN":1iu8gryi said:

Eggzackerly, we should kiss it

Keep It Simples

Good idea about putting the Flags in the mayflower if done properly would look awesome.