RBL poppy logo revealed at Tavistock friendly | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

RBL poppy logo revealed at Tavistock friendly

T

Tim Chown

As a key part of the AFT's fundraising campaigning with the RBL this season, Argyle will wear the RBL's WWI 100th anniversary logo, featuring the RBL poppy, on the backs of their shirts for every game this season.

This has been made possible through a sponsoring donation by the Fans' Trust, which was agreed earlier this month.

The logo was revealed on the new 2014/15 home shirt for the first time in the 5-1 friendly win over Tavistock this week, as shown in the photos below, including a close-up on Matt Lecointe.

Poppy-tavi-1200-300x225.jpg

poppy-lecointe-1200-300x200.jpg

(for fuller size images see here and here.)

The logo will feature on all home and away shirts sold this season through the club shop and the club's online store.

In the coming week, the Trust will announce how both fans and companies can support the RBL fundraising campaign, both by donating directly to the RBL, and also by contributing to the sponsoring donation. It will be up to fans whether they donate to one or both 'pots'.

Meanwhile, we wish all fans travelling to Weymouth today a great day out!

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
Good work team!

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
Gloucester Green":361avy3r said:
Whats with the different shade of green around the outside of logo?

I think it's an optical illusion.......................or it could just look like one. :?

B

BallboyEGS1958

Looks a lot better on the away shirt and that will help promote the image of the RBL and the club at the same time. Good job done by the AFT and the Green Army for making this happen

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
BallboyEGS1958":cusbgca7 said:
Looks a lot better on the away shirt and that will help promote the image of the RBL and the club at the same time. Good job done by the AFT and the Green Army for making this happen

Just out of interest Ballboy are you a committee member.

B

BallboyEGS1958

oddball":1m8smq0g said:
BallboyEGS1958":1m8smq0g said:

Just out of interest Ballboy are you a committee member.

No, but was a AFT representative on the PASB and know about all the hard work they do behind the scenes, which a lot of people do not see. That's why I always try to support them and what they do.
Hope that answers your question.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Ballboy..... yep I thought you were close to AFT leadership by the way you follow Tim Chown around the Argyle websites ..........thanks for the reply.

B

BallboyEGS1958

oddball":wf2k88x1 said:
Ballboy..... yep I thought you were close to AFT leadership by the way you follow Tim Chown around the Argyle websites ..........thanks for the reply.

I would not say that I am close to any of the AFT leadership and do not know any of them on a personal basis.
Like wise they do not know me and any comment that I make or pass observations on, are my own views only.
To show respect for what any group that does work for the benefit of the fans and club on a voluntary basis, deserves the support of not just me, but the whole green army “who I would think would in agreement with my comments”
:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

T

Tim Chown

And here is the logo on the away shirts...

weymouth-poppy-1200-300x228.jpg

And a close-up courtesy of Nathan Thomas...

away-poppy-1200-300x196.jpg

(larger versions here and here)

Tim

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It really stood out on the yellow shirt Tim.

Far clearer than it is on the dark green.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Leigh Rapson":3dsy7zsg said:
It's an artefact if the printing process.

When the transfer is pressed it has a plastic top, this can sometimes leave behind a difference in colour on the garment. Particularly polyester tops like these.

I saw a kiddies shirt today, and that one had no trace of the slightly different colour.

Apparently the 'rushed through' tops played in at Tavvy were screen printed and the proper ones are done by a different process.

As I say the kiddy one was definitely the same colour as the rest of the shirt.