Favourite away day? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Favourite away day?

B

Ben Gifford

Would like to start a post that will bring back some good memories for Argyle fans and also give us some good stories to read and laugh at over the next few weeks!

So my question is what is your favourite away day following the mighty greens?

I'd like to know...

- When it was
- Who we were playing
- And what made it special (Scariest experience, funniest trip, getting lost etc etc!)

Get posting ladies and gents! :)

C

Cobi Budge.

I've just worked out that I've been on 81 away days in my time watching Argyle since 2002, I don't really have a single favorite but these ones stand out from the crowd -

Nottingham Forest 0 Argyle 3 - Those were the days, going to big clubs like Forest and completely silencing the home fans.

Cardiff City 0 Argyle 2 - Boxing day, Goals from Norris and Wotton giving us the win at Ninian Park, that was a proper stadium, loved the away end!

Wolves 0 Argyle 1 - A Gallagher goal in the opening minute against the league leaders, then we had to hold on for 90, I've never seen a clock go so slowly, great scenes at the end.

Arsenal 3 Argyle 1 - Just amazing seeing 8000+ Green Army rocking the Emirates.

Watford 0 Argyle 1 - Dominated for most of the match, Norris nicked a late goal, scenes in the away end were amazing.

Brentford 2 Argyle 0 - Don't ask, if you have too, go ask StevePAFC2012.

Shrewsbury 1 Argyle 1 - The joy in the away end when that last minute Fletcher goal went in, can't beat it.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
west brom 0 argyle 1 in the cup campaign when we went to the semi final.johnny giles was the returning manager to the baggies that day and did the expected walk on the pitch before the match to take the acclaim and applaud the very sporting west brom fans.we totally outplayed our first division opponents with the goal coming from the best player i have ever seen, KING TYNAN

Jul 21, 2013
Leicester was a good one a few seasons back, beating holloway and seeing him get desperate towards the end putting 5 upfront! Think it was on Sky as well which made it even sweeter

C

Cobi Budge.

12thGreen":2izds01s said:
Leicester was a good one a few seasons back, beating holloway and seeing him get desperate towards the end putting 5 upfront! Think it was on Sky as well which made it even sweeter

It was indeed, I was in Spain, we eventually found an empty bar that would let us watch it considering we would have been the only ones interested :lol:

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
another favourite.during the sturrock marque one era.away to sheff wed in an evening game.a penalty by wotty and two goals by daveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed in a 3-1 win.completely dismantled wednesday that evening.very good.proper sporting fans as well

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
When : 23 March 2002

Who : Lincoln, Sincil Bank

What made it special : The first away day with my friends! Didn't even tell my parents that I was going! Had a great time cheering on the with the Green Army and we went wild when Stonebridge scored in 71st minute!

T

Tynan's Dad

Swindon away, just before Christmas 2003.

2-0 up, then concede with 10mins left. Enter injury time 2-1 up but concede to seemingly throw away the points. Cue home fans noisily singing 2-0 and you mucked it up! We kick off, they make a harsh tackle and their player is sent off. We take free kick straight up to Marino Keith who runs straight for goal and scores in the 93rd minute for win 3-2.

Simply awesome!

Jun 8, 2014
Birmingham away last season as it was my first, as well as a great game and the best goal I've witnessed an Argyle player score live!

Another was Newport, simply as it was the only away win I've witnessed. Scrappy game but rubbing it in Zebroski's face was just brilliant!

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Wolves away was really good when we went there and won 1-0 with Gally scoring a beauty in the first minute, Sylvan missed a complete sitter that day! Luton away under Pulis was also a special one for me as it was my first away game and Bojan scored a last minute equalizer which didn't sit too well with the Luton fans giving us v signs outside :lol:

Charlton away in 2007/2008 is a night I will never forget, I remember thinking on the coach on the way up we'd get slaughtered but we pulled it off, fantastic night and one I won't forget, I just hope there's days/nights like that to come!

One that stood out from this season was Port Vale, the sole reason I went was because I have a close friend who supports Vale and it was another ground to tick off, like against Charlton I went up there thinking we would get slaughtered but we dominated from the first minute and showed great fight to get the replay that day but we really should have won! If only Gurrieri's shot at the end went to the other side of the post, after that game I genuinely believed we could make the play offs.

Nov 2, 2004
Mostly cup ties,the away Derby quarter final,the Birmingham and QPR league cup ties.League games The vPortsmouth game when Kemp destroyed them,the win at Sunderland what a performance from Norris.The away win at Wigan when everyone thought we would get stuffed.Too many to go on,great memories.The best was the Derby game,unbelievable win and a belief that we may win the cup.