Sheridan/Player ratings | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sheridan/Player ratings

P

Piran-Pilgrim

Alot has been posted about what is acceptable for this season, I think the only time we can assess how the team/manager has done is after the season has ended, we all know that a few good results can propel a team up the league just as a few bad ones can descend a team down, I would have loved the play offs last year but 10th overall was great after always worrying about 23/24 in league 2, we have signed some good players, but no-one can be 100% certain how the 2014-15 season will pan out, I say win lose or draw we get behind the lads and then have our opinions come the end.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
:clap:

This season will be good; just how good is hard to tell but we have a better team than the one that achieved a respectable finish last season, so we should do well.

It's natural to have worries (especially supporting Argyle :greensmile: ) but it's important we support the team all the way, and I'm really looking forward to the season ahead!

COYG!

Sep 29, 2008
Plymouth
Completely agree.

Some fans are actually writing us off already due to pre-season results, despite pre-season being mainly about fitness, and learning what players can be used as what tactical role, and who works best with who.

With playoffs being our main target, I think some fans still wont be satisfied, as there's still a possibility that we won't gain promotion. Me, anything higher than last year would be a good season IMO.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Since someone compared us to Bristol Rovers last year, when they signed loads of good players, I am getting more and more worried we are going to have a similar season, I think it could go either way hopefully promotion!!

C

Cobi Budge.

If you'd have given me 10th at the start of last season I would have taken it, towards the end I didn't, the reason being we completely bottled it, we had the play offs within our grasp and we just seemed to throw it all away with a whimper. Our home form last season was also atrocious.

A serious and consistent play off push, and much better home form, and I'll be pleased.

Mar 14, 2009
Not sure how anyone can judge until they see the team in competitive action.

I do however have two concerns.

One being the depth of the squad. I am not sure this squad has enough talent and application beyond the first XI to obtain results.

Secondly, people bang on about Morgan being crap but where is the unselfish player in our side who hugs the touchline and puts in quality balls within a dangerous area that he (or the other forwards) can attack. We still lack a cutting edge near and around the box and that hasn't been resolved I believe.

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
This is a terrible division; the team should now be at the stage where promotion is the only target.

We go up = great season
We don't go up = poor season
We go down = unmitigated disaster

C

Cobi Budge.

Womble":3tr4kvhm said:
This is a terrible division; the team should now be at the stage where promotion is the only target.

We go up = great season
We don't go up = poor season
We go down = unmitigated disaster

Seconded.

Cobi Budge.":12td86fa said:
If you'd have given me 10th at the start of last season I would have taken it, towards the end I didn't, the reason being we completely bottled it, we had the play offs within our grasp and we just seemed to throw it all away with a whimper. Our home form last season was also atrocious.
So what you're saying is that we overachieved in the first part of the season, no?

Posters on here including yourself are the first to criticise someone for bending the truth to make things seem better than they are/were. Just because you do the same but pessimistically doesn't make it alright.

L

lewjam14

r4h4al":515tfyb0 said:
Since someone compared us to Bristol Rovers last year, when they signed loads of good players, I am getting more and more worried we are going to have a similar season, I think it could go either way hopefully promotion!!
am thinking that as well :thumbdown: