Sheridan asks Brent for more funds. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Sheridan asks Brent for more funds.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Hopefully he gets it, as I believe we'll need it. Strength in depth is an issue, but I'm personally happy with our XI (provided Morgan isn't anywhere near it).

Apr 1, 2009
Talk of a smaller squad, quality rather than quantity, is gradually disappearing. It usually does as managers get cold feet over a lack of squad depth. The effect would be less opportunity for our own youngsters - those calling for gametime for Harvey, Lecointe, Allen etc will presumably hope that Brent says no.

Feb 21, 2011
Gary_Wills":1efcxhmm said:
“I don’t want anyone in a comfort zone thinking they are going to be playing every week.”

McCormick, Reid...
Cox, Nelson, Hartley, Banton, Mellors.

Jul 29, 2010
Exactly Badboy, where does it end?

Xmas has made my point for me. Fletch used to bloat the squad with numbers, and we had players kicking their heels with no reserve football last season too. I thought we were trying something different this year?

Surely the same 'don't get complacent' message could come from loans 'as & when required'. We don't have sh*t loads of cash for quality to sitting on the bench and playing occasionally arranged friendlies.

Sure it'd be nice to have more quality on the bench, but it'd be nice to clear the deferred seven figure creditor debt too ;-)

Oct 23, 2013
Block 12
BadBoy":o1xokgha said:
Gary_Wills":o1xokgha said:
“I don’t want anyone in a comfort zone thinking they are going to be playing every week.”

McCormick, Reid...
Cox, Nelson, Hartley, Banton, Mellors.
I think Banton thought he was last season when he signed and when he was dropped and came back (I know he wasn't fully fit before) we saw a big improvement in him as well as him doing more defensive work.

C

Cobi Budge.

With no disrespect to Steer, Allen and Harvey, I wouldn't have any of them on the bench, but then again we don't have a choice, I'm all for a small tight squad, but I think we've gone too far down that road.

I just think we need a bit of strength in depth and competition for places.

I'd sign another CM, another RB and maybe a CB.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
We need a balanced bench of youth and experience.

If we are comfortable in a game 2 goals up etc then it would be brilliant to introduce a youth player or 2 to bring there development up.

The worry is if we lose a key player to injury/suspension and we have to put pressure on a young player to perform consistently high to cover.

We still need a few players. I'd like 1 more permanent and 1 or 2 loan signings.

Jul 29, 2010
As an aside, I don't really think it's the pinnacle of professionalism to mention such a thing to the press and via the Baggo.

Smacks a bit of exerting pressure onto the board to deflect any subsequent blame from himself. But what's actually happened is that having agreed the original budget, he's promptly gone and spent it all without covering all bases. The 'great and the good' will blame James Brent if no extra funds are forthcoming but in fairness, a budget is a budget.

I'm a Sheridan supporter but I don't like stuff like that being aired in public, budgets and business should be kept 'in house'...... they should also be stuck to once agreed.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
In that case X'y I guess Sheridan's idea of promotion budget doesn't equate to the same amount as Brent's. I know who I'm more inclined to trust on how much it'll take to get out of this division however...

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
'Trust' strange word Sam.

JB trusts JS, no one 'trusts' JB to know what it takes, he has no idea.

It's called delegation. You'll understand it one day,

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Fair enough Ian, maybe it was a poor choice of phrasing. I'm only talking in terms of who's judgement I'm more likely to go with on the subject of what it takes financially to get out of this division. I'm not talking about personal trust in each individual, just on their experience and knowledge of the game.

Jul 29, 2010
Well then Sheridan shouldn't have accepted the original budget then, would be the obvious response Spo.

Substitute club finance for personal finance and it's exactly what Shilton did to McCauley every month with his wages. If you agree a figure, you should stick to a figure and tailor your cloth accordingly.

The rights and wrongs of who knows best how to get a club promoted is as irrelevant as it is bleedin' obvious. Having a clear winner between Sheridan and Brent doesn't give us a bigger pot to pee in and doesn't pay off the football creditors debt.

The manager manages the team, the board manages the club. How they interact between each other to achieve both their role requirements should not be in the public domain, is my point.