As a visiting Swansea fan... | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

As a visiting Swansea fan...

Jul 29, 2014
I think the Green Army are a great team, great supporters with a great stadium.
The team may not be the best, but the team had good defence even though there was a 4-0 loss, and the goalie that played was one of the best I had seen in the lower leagues.

Home park is a great ground. It fits fans needs, food/drink isn't that expensive and it is weirdly tucked away which I liked. I liked the service at the ticket office when I collected tickets, no trouble was created between both sets of fans.
I could imagine a great atmosphere when the stadium is full on a league game, I have seen it on the football league show, and what a great atmosphere for a small club.

There is one small thing that bugged me though. no scoreboard/clock. It just bugged me somehow.

I have been to St. Andrews (Birmingham) and the fans aren't even vocal for a Championship side. At plymouth the fans were involved in the game

Anyway, that is all in this post, good luck with your forthcoming league 2 season.

Jul 29, 2014
Cerbera":20ep7jap said:
Thanks for those kind words. Luke McCormick is certainly the best keeper in L2 and probably L1.
Plymouth are actually my 2nd supported team apart from Swansea. People went on planetswans posting threads like this so I thought it would be a nice gesture to say the same back.

Oct 23, 2013
Block 12
The atmosphere is better when the Devonport stand is open (usually closed for friendlies), as that is where the majority of the chanting comes from.

I think there are plans for a scoreboard in the new grandstand (if it ever gets built).

As there has been a debate on it what was your opinion on Marvin Morgan (tall number 10 who played upfront then moved to the wing before being subbed of for Nathan Thomas)?

Good luck for your season.

P

Paul_Roberts

plazex":2wlszn0n said:
I think the Green Army are a great team, great supporters with a great stadium.
The team may not be the best, but the team had good defence even though there was a 4-0 loss, and the goalie that played was one of the best I had seen in the lower leagues.

Home park is a great ground. It fits fans needs, food/drink isn't that expensive and it is weirdly tucked away which I liked. I liked the service at the ticket office when I collected tickets, no trouble was created between both sets of fans.
I could imagine a great atmosphere when the stadium is full on a league game, I have seen it on the football league show, and what a great atmosphere for a small club.

There is one small thing that bugged me though. no scoreboard/clock. It just bugged me somehow.

I have been to St. Andrews (Birmingham) and the fans aren't even vocal for a Championship side. At plymouth the fans were involved in the game

Anyway, that is all in this post, good luck with your forthcoming league 2 season.

Lowly, yes, but less of the small!

C

Cobi Budge.

McCormick is certainly a great keeper and probably the leagues best but I'm not sure how you gathered that from Sunday's match? He was quite rusty.

Agree about a scoreboard though, always said that about home park. I believe there's one in the plans for the new grandstand but that'll never be built.

Cheers anyway, good luck this season.

Dec 7, 2006
Hmmm, if it wasnt for EPL money I suspect the boot would be on the other foot regarding the term 'small club' so kindly jog on. :sigh:

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Wind-ups like this really do need more attention to detail.
Next you'll be telling us that fans favourite Morgan has great potential to progress up the leagues.

Jun 8, 2014
A city of 270,000 attracting 6/7000 or so each home game.. Not very big to me.

Lowly and relatively small clubs.. Big clubs tend to have played top flight football.

We have a big stadium for this league but that's really where it ends.

C

Cobi Budge.

For this league we are a big club but I think that's where it ends.