Why are we apparently unfit? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Why are we apparently unfit?

Dec 3, 2005
Many people who were at the game today, mention the team being UNFIT!!

WHY?

Why should the players look unfit, most have had a full pre-season, most have had games pre-season, yes you need game time in real meaningful games, BUT that is the same has any other team, yet we looked unfit, did Cambridge look unfit?

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
I find that hard to believe seeing as John Harbin is on the staff. Maybe he is not being allowed to impliment his own philosophies to the fullest extent.

Aug 11, 2013
Personally I think its despondency (body language) at knowing that the Manager has nothing up his sleeve to change things ... I'll give it a rest now but that is my honest held belief.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Martin Thomas":28zqe0xm said:
And the season is only 90 minutes old :sigh:
I witnessed my own eyes and the problem was genuinely Sheridan...regardless of how many minutes old the season is.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
lack of effort.there is no reason for any player to be not as fit as their opponent.they have enough time to address this.sheridan,mccarthy and harbin out now,they manage the playing side and have manifestly failed.out out out.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
Steve Evans":t4ntz00y said:
lack of effort.there is no reason for any player to be not as fit as their opponent.they have enough time to address this.sheridan,mccarthy and harbin out now,they manage the playing side and have manifestly failed.out out out.

Lack of effort from whom? The playing squad? Or the staff?

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
TBH I dont think there was a lack of effort. I think first half we pinged it about well but Reid was to isolated from Smalley Alexandra and Banton.
Banton had some good touches but was far far far too casual and slow making his mind up and always cut inside (Thomas came on and his first ball whilst long was whipped across from the outside)
McHugh was just totally incompetent, penalty was just stupid and then a minute later let a ball trickle through his feet unchallenged oh and I almost forgot the second half clearance from the left hand side that he put for a throw on the right hand side of the pitch rather than use his right foot !
Smalley I think would be good alongside Reid as he is a threat in the air
Watch out for Lukes Goalkicks which always look for Reid or Smalley
And of the first half 7 corners what is the point in dragging Banton all the way from the otherside of the pitch for a short corner with Lewi which came to nothing every single time

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
soccerpilgrim":xvtiy2w1 said:
Steve Evans":xvtiy2w1 said:

mainly the staff then the players.they have more than enough time on their hands to get fit.if you give young men the chance to be idle the majority will be.sheridan,mccarthy and harbin out

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
Steve Evans":q28ejvvk said:
soccerpilgrim":q28ejvvk said:
Steve Evans":q28ejvvk said:

mainly the staff then the players.they have more than enough time on their hands to get fit.if you give young men the chance to be idle the majority will be.sheridan,mccarthy and harbin out

You've made your point mate; I just don't see it. Whether I'm right or wrong to do so, I'm not gonna call for the backroom staff to be sacked after one game, especially as it was as narrow as 1-0.

And for the record, I still think they (both squad and staff) do work hard.

N

NorfolkGreen

edengreen":1y9cviqi said:
TBH I dont think there was a lack of effort. I think first half we pinged it about well but Reid was to isolated from Smalley Alexandra and Banton.
Banton had some good touches but was far far far too casual and slow making his mind up and always cut inside (Thomas came on and his first ball whilst long was whipped across from the outside)
McHugh was just totally incompetent, penalty was just stupid and then a minute later let a ball trickle through his feet unchallenged oh and I almost forgot the second half clearance from the left hand side that he put for a throw on the right hand side of the pitch rather than use his right foot !
Smalley I think would be good alongside Reid as he is a threat in the air
Watch out for Lukes Goalkicks which always look for Reid or Smalley
And of the first half 7 corners what is the point in dragging Banton all the way from the otherside of the pitch for a short corner with Lewi which came to nothing every single time

Pretty spot on assessment of Banton, I also think he didn't do enough tracking back, several times he gave up when chasing a player back, not acceptable. I feel for McHugh, out of position in his first competitive game for us, compounded by little help from Banton.

In the second half they got to the byline a couple of times and produced some good/dangerous crosses, we didn't do that once.

Oct 15, 2013
I've said it before but it's relevant so I'll raise it again!

At both Swansea and Yeovil pre-season games, our subs were left completely on their own to have a messabout at half time. Both Swansea and Yeovil had multiple coaches out on the field for the duration of half time running the subs through drills and exercises.

I've long suspected sub-standard training as the source of our woes and this observation angered me. Is it indicative of our training as a whole being sloppy? Maybe, maybe not but it's certainly got my radar going that our training might not be to the standard it should be or to the standard of other professional clubs and that would explain a great many things.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
soccerpilgrim":uy2taaqs said:
Steve Evans":uy2taaqs said:
soccerpilgrim":uy2taaqs said:
Steve Evans":uy2taaqs said:

You've made your point mate; I just don't see it. Whether I'm right or wrong to do so, I'm not gonna call for the backroom staff to be sacked after one game, especially as it was as narrow as 1-0.

And for the record, I still think they (both squad and staff) do work hard.
i make my point in view of all the matches the three mosquitoes have been "managing" the players.sheridan,mccarthy and harbin out out out