Music at a home Park | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Music at a home Park

Dec 17, 2005
Plymouth
Am I showing my age, or did anybody else think the very loud music ruined the atmosphere before the start of today's match.
In the Lyndhurst, you could not hear the rival chants before the game, which adds to the occasion, and I think whoever puts the music on, spoiled the pre-match build up.

M

Minigreen

No, you're showing your age - in my opinion (of course). Sorry :thumbup:

Feb 25, 2007
St Blazey
Sometimes I think it helps because else everyone's wasting valuable puff before a balls even kicked. We 90 minutes to sing our hearts out and we didnt even manage that so no need for more before kick off.

S

Stephen101

plymouthboyuk":26s512hb said:
Am I showing my age, or did anybody else think the very loud music ruined the atmosphere before the start of today's match.
In the Lyndhurst, you could not hear the rival chants before the game, which adds to the occasion, and I think whoever puts the music on, spoiled the pre-match build up.

It did seem to be an extra long routine from the Argyle Angels, with extra-loud music, so probably a deliberate attempt to suppress the pre-match chants and present a happy, all-dancing 'family atmosphere' (rather than lots of horrid, angry men shouting at each other) :roll:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Stephen101":2gd6xfhx said:
plymouthboyuk":2gd6xfhx said:

It did seem to be an extra long routine from the Argyle Angels, with extra-loud music, so probably a deliberate attempt to suppress the pre-match chants and present a happy, all-dancing family atmosphere (rather than lots of horrid, angry men shouting at each other) :roll:

If you think young girls thrusting their crutches in and out and waggling their harrises constitutes a 'family atmosphere' ... Call Social Services someone!! :shock:

Dec 3, 2005
Definitely, the music was very loud in the Grandstand especially, even my 14 year old daughter said so, though she enjoyed the music that was played. Just too loud, struggling to hear what the guy next to me was saying, just turn it down a little, please. :)

S

Stephen101

Pogleswoody":8uc42zp7 said:
If you think young girls thrusting their crutches in and out and waggling their harrises constitutes a 'family atmosphere' ... Call Social Services someone!! :shock:

I don't, but the people who run our club do.

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
Please, stop playing the deathly dull dirge before the teams come out.
I feel sorry for the Argyle Angels having to move to that dire din and for us to have to put up with it.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I don't get the obsession with the Bastille music, it was ok for a few games last season when the drummer was flavour of the month but please not this season.

And yes, the loud music today killed any pre-match chanting.

G

Greenskin

Pogleswoody":3hbuouwj said:
Stephen101":3hbuouwj said:
plymouthboyuk":3hbuouwj said:

It did seem to be an extra long routine from the Argyle Angels, with extra-loud music, so probably a deliberate attempt to suppress the pre-match chants and present a happy, all-dancing family atmosphere (rather than lots of horrid, angry men shouting at each other) :roll:

But what Harrises though.More meat on some of them than there is in Ivor's storeroom at 0800 hrs on any given day.

Dec 3, 2005
Yes what is that music (dirge) just before the teams come out?
I was hoping that would have been lost to the history books of last season, it is truly awful.

Who is it that decides on these matters?