The return of Simon Walton | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The return of Simon Walton

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
If selected for Stevenage Simon Walton will play against us at Home Park for the first time since leaving for Hartlepool in 2012 and I really hope he gets a good reception from the fans.

He had his problems during the early stages of his Argyle career but really matured as a player during our period in administration.
With Carl Fletcher and Ro Larrieu in the dugout Walton became our leader on the pitch; he was captain of a young team which included some waifs and strays. He was also top scorer for that awful season and agreed a reduced contract to help the club through admin.

Some players achieve legendary status for scoring the winner in a play-off final or title decider, I reckon Walton and the rest of those players who played for no wages are up there with the best of them.
So up until the first whistle I hope Walton gets the applause and reception he deserves.
Once the game starts he becomes the enemy. :)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Are you sure Ian? I could have sworn he played against us down here for some reason.

You're usually bang on, but perhaps I'm wrong.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
IJN":5iqyvtx3 said:
Are you sure Ian? I could have sworn he played against us down here for some reason.

You're usually bang on, but perhaps I'm wrong.

He was suspended against us last season at Home Park, he did play against us at Hartlepool.

C

Cult Of Personality

Always liked Walton but i fear many other fans could not stand him and he will get booed .

I will give him a clap tho

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
Can't stick him. I don't boo past players (I never booed Capaldi for instance) but wont applaud him - did f all for us.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Much maligned in my opinion, without that little run of for he went on I think we could have been relegated.

He also helped a lot of younger players financially when they weren't being paid, and he also took a big hit without any hesitation when he was asked to, basically waved goodbye to a lot of money.

Good bloke but I can understand some seeing him as bit flash, but he really wasn't like that.

Mar 31, 2006
Bradford Yorkshire
Got a great reception when we played up in Hartlepool. Our fans singing one simon walton, glared at us like he really missed being here.

Got a nice applause at the end from him as well.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
IJN":3tj8rhkt said:
Much maligned in my opinion, without that little run of for he went on I think we could have been relegated.

He also helped a lot of younger players financially when they weren't being paid, and he also took a big hit without any hesitation when he was asked to, basically waved goodbye to a lot of money.

Good bloke but I can understand some seeing him as bit flash, but he really wasn't like that.

Agree 100% on this. Credit to the guy for turning his attitude around and having an instrumental influence on us both a.) continuing to exist as a football club and b.) staying in the football league

Apr 30, 2011
IJN":2drbtnn6 said:

That coming from someone who would know speaks volumes for Simon Walton. Financially did a lot more for the club than I did personally so what kind of a muppet would that make me if I was to boo him. I'd gladly shake his hand and buy him a beer.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
He won't be booed; no supporter has any reason to. He was one of my favourites during that first Fletcher season, as was Purse and Blanchard, because without them we'd have been even weaker and would probably be a Conference player today. Having said that, he's average even for League Two, so was he really Championship quality when we paid over £300k for him!?

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
soccerpilgrim":3js60lpg said:
He won't be booed; no supporter has any reason to. He was one of my favourites during that first Fletcher season, as was Purse and Blanchard, because without them we'd have been even weaker and would probably be a Conference player today. Having said that, he's average even for League Two, so was he really Championship quality when we paid over £300k for him!?

He will be booed, because some morons don't need a reason. Unfortunately.