Lee Cox | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Lee Cox

B

Benji1

Do we know the extent of Lee Cox's hip injury.

Hope he will only be out for a short period

Jul 29, 2010
Asked at the weekend and no-one responded, glad I wasn't the only one who missed any news on it.

B

Benji1

X Isle":3jn6tu3m said:
Asked at the weekend and no-one responded, glad I wasn't the only one who missed any news on it.

thanks X-Isle for the 'news of the non-news :funny: :funny:

B

Benji1

X Isle":16k3tsbi said:

On the argyle web site it now states, that Shez, has said that Lee Cox trained this morning with no ill-effects

Good news

Jul 29, 2010
That's promising then, good stuff. Tyler was blowing out of his hoop second half :lol:

The Tyler/River option is only a short term fix. Kids need a break after a while to consolidate their learning and protect against burn-out. 2-3 game bursts is fine but if it'd been a long lay-off for Cox we'd need a loan.

Jul 6, 2011
X Isle":23jie8xo said:
That's promising then, good stuff. Tyler was blowing out of his hoop second half :lol:

The Tyler/River option is only a short term fix. Kids need a break after a while to consolidate their learning and protect against burn-out. 2-3 game bursts is fine but if it'd been a long lay-off for Cox we'd need a loan.

Really can't agree with that old son, Harvey made things happen on Saturday and it's a solid argument that he's never been given a run to prove his worth. For me it has to be a straight choice between Cox and Norburn, but somehow I reckon Cox will get the nod ahead of Harvey.

Jul 29, 2010
I agree, Tyler was excellent for the first 20-30 mins.

Trouble is games last 90+ minutes :wink:

But even if he was fit enough to last a full game we learnt all we need to know about kids playing too many games back to back and burning out when we had Hobson's choice a couple of seasons back.

He's talented but he's still a kid. Slowly slowly catchy monkey.

Jun 11, 2012
X Isle":1qlofuph said:

Cox and Harvey aren't in a direct battle for one spot though. Harvey's an attacking midfielder, and Cox is generally regarded as more of a defensive one.

There's still Blizzard, Wotton and even Nelson who can play central midfield, so I think we're fine there in terms of numbers.

A naturally right-sided forward/winger and our squad's just about complete I'd say.

Feb 21, 2011
I'd be interested to see Tyler playing that role against a side not quite so inadequate in almost all areas as Exeter. If he is as successful as Saturday then we really do have a player on our hands.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Meh - never change a winning side innit? Cox can come on for one of them later with Allen coming on for the other.

Jul 29, 2010
True Harl, and in time there's definitely room for both in the same starting X1. Not now though.

Cox is a man, Tyler is a boy, and this is very much a man's league.

The lad has obvious talent. Acutely obvious also though was that he was a virtual passenger 2nd half up to his substitution. Sheridan mitigated that by swapping him with Allen (introducing himself with a proper man's challenge too btw :clap: ) but right now we need 11 players who can go the distance and compete as hard in the last half hour, not just the first half hour.

Rotating Harvey & Allen covers one midfield spot for a while but it uses up one guaranteed substitution a game.

The future is bright, I'm not knocking anyone, but it's the future, we can't rely on it week in week out right now.

As for Blizzard & Wotton, one has no 'head' and the other has no 'legs', they should be bit part desperation options only.

Oct 24, 2010
I'm pretty sure Cox will play, if fit, alongside Norburn with O'Connor in the holding role in a 12 midfield. Harvey may play in a 21 midfield depending how Stevenage set up. His role on Saturday when Exeter had the ball was to sit on their playmaker (Mat Oakley?) which he didn't do that well particularly in the second half, but if Stevenage play a similar system to Exeter then he may start.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The team that played the first half against Exeter should be given the same chance v Stevenage.

Why change it? We all saw what they can do. If Tyler is knackered, Coxy can come in.

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
I agree but Tyler won't be knackered as he is young, fit and without being horrible doesn't cover the ground others so anyway.