New Look The Pilgrim Matchday Programme | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

New Look The Pilgrim Matchday Programme

Apr 1, 2009
"In glorious full colour" was the sort of thing that might have been said in 1985! Of course its in full colour. This ridiculous over-hyping of everything is becoming counter productive and becoming a negative.

Sep 29, 2008
Plymouth
Womble":1bk0y1b8 said:
Who actually buys the program nowadays? Overpriced rubbish full of adverts. No info u cant get online.
Overpriced rubbish that recently finished in the top three for matchday programmes in our league? Statistically, your opinion is wrong.

Apr 1, 2009
rose":2w1v6v91 said:
Womble":2w1v6v91 said:
Who actually buys the program nowadays? Overpriced rubbish full of adverts. No info u cant get online.
Overpriced rubbish that recently finished in the top three for matchday programmes in our league? Statistically, your opinion is wrong.

I don't think it's rubbish, and it's certainly better than many competitors. It's not particularly well written, but it does a job for those who want it. Womble's right that the info is available elsewhere, but for many it's part of the matchday experience. It can be argued that if sufficient people buy it then its not overpriced - football itself is overpriced, shirts are extortionate in relation to the cost of production, the catering is expensive etc., but if people choose to spend their money then the overpricing is justified.

Feb 25, 2007
St Blazey
I always get a programme. Nice to have something from every match. For me less content and rubbish and a cheaper price would encourage more people to buy them.

Jul 10, 2011
Haven't bought a prog for years but a new supporter had one and offered it to me, I declined but was so impressed that I have ordered a back copy from the publishers. Well done Argyle!

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
I have been a Pafc programme subscriber since 1986/87 and collect all Argyle home Programmes

Proud to have a great Programmes collection along side my Argyle shirts

#programmesubscriber :scarf:

Jul 29, 2010
I've been critical in recent seasons but found this season's to be a distinct improvement :thumbs:

Jul 29, 2010
Don't get me wrong Chris it won't trouble the Booker prize nominations list but credit where it's due, compared to recent efforts, it's an improvement.

Still has the bland 'coffee or tea' questions for a player but it's part of a bigger Q&A spread with some more personal and insightful questions. Also has some articles you probably won't get online, nothing earth shattering but at least something to accompany a coffee later on. Saturday's had a page each from the chaplain, John Harbin and Blake Hall on issues around Argyle and football in general. There was also a new twist on the 'past player' type articles linking a past player to a Plymouth street name with a potted history of both, and what looks like another running feature on other teams round the world that play in green.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
In the past, I've been a bit crticial (sometimes a bit too critical) of a lot of the media/communications side of the club. However, I'll always give credit where due and I really do think that the matchday programme is one aspect of the club that's always been above par. More or less every season, I've been struck by how superior an all round project it is to the ones I get at away grounds. Aside from the year that they had all player images in cartoon and they had all text in a scrawlly, kids style font. That was...different.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Was that cartoon/comic book looking one about 3 seasons ago now? The fonts and graphics were awful, it was totally unreadable. But last seasons and this seasons have been a massive improvement. I usually buy them before Home games as I get to HP quite early and it gives me a decent pre-match read. Rarely buy an away programme though.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
spowell92":1op9jg8p said:
Was that cartoon/comic book looking one about 3 seasons ago now? The fonts and graphics were awful, it was totally unreadable. But last seasons and this seasons have been a massive improvement. I usually buy them before Home games as I get to HP quite early and it gives me a decent pre-match read. Rarely buy an away programme though.
It was 2010-11, the solitary year we spent in League One and it gave me a bloody migrane.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
GreenSam":1pixmmwg said:
spowell92":1pixmmwg said:
It was 2010-11, the solitary year we spent in League One and it gave me a bloody migrane.

Worst programme I've ever seen. If I was 12 I'd have loved it, as it's the sort of stuff I used to make myself on paint...