Banton | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Banton

C

Cobi Budge.

Banton was diabolical, didn't look like he gave a damn.

Smalley was much better.

Nov 4, 2012
Banton wasn't good tonight but I didn't like how much slating he was getting from the Devonport, he is a talented attacking player.

Oct 17, 2011
Plymouth
PAFC94":30axli7w said:
Banton wasn't good tonight but I didn't like how much slating he was getting from the Devonport, he is a talented attacking player.

No good being a talented player if you don't show it !! He even ducks out of 60/40 (in his favour) challenges. Fully deserved the stick he got tonight.

Nov 4, 2012
lilcol":19jjcoeu said:
PAFC94":19jjcoeu said:

No good being a talented player if you don't show it !! He even ducks out of 60/40 (in his favour) challenges. Fully deserved the stick he got tonight.

Without Banton we'd be playing in the van league with Torquay and Rovers.

Jun 11, 2012
PAFC94":3gxqsgg3 said:
lilcol":3gxqsgg3 said:
PAFC94":3gxqsgg3 said:

That doesn't mean he's exempt from any criticism when ever he has a poor game, though.

He can rip this league apart on his day, but today was far from acceptable.

C

Cult Of Personality

He so frustrating . He has talent and can beat a man at will. When he on it he is best attacking player we got . If he like tonight where he cant even control a ball its so annoying

Needs to find some consistence

Jul 6, 2011
HarlHM":2pmgmr59 said:
PAFC94":2pmgmr59 said:
lilcol":2pmgmr59 said:
PAFC94":2pmgmr59 said:

That doesn't mean he's exempt from any criticism when ever he has a poor game, though.

Here we go again :banghead:
Banton wont be brilliant every match, if he was he would be playing for man utd. He has very little support from McHugh, who is not a LB, just like Blanchard who wasn't a RB.

Banton, this season's 'Hourihane hate figure', but when like Reid he scores 20 plus goals we can start a55 kissing him and begging for his forgiveness.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Banton was atrocious in the second half and almost everything he tried went wrong. That said, in the first half I thought he was one of our more lively players and went on some mazy runs which caused them problems. It's also a mitigating factor that he was getting absolutely nothing from McHugh.

Can't agree Smalley was better either. Until the excellently converted penalty, he looked a fish out of water. Very few players will come out of tonight smelling of roses. In fact, McCormick probably the only one.

Sep 2, 2008
Wondered how long it would be before someone started this one off. Just to add my tuppence worth - he was absolutely dire. I've listened to people going on about how talented he is but after watching him a number of times I have to say I don't agree at all. He is one of those players that flatters to deceive. Trying to beat the same player three times only serves to give the opposition more time to get more people back behind the ball. His touch and basic control is woeful for a professional footballer. I don't see what Shezza or anyone else for that matter sees in him. Looking at tonights game I got the impression that the instruction from the bench was to give him the ball as much as possible. This puts a lot of responsibility on him to make something happen which unfortunately I don't think he has the capability to do.

Jun 11, 2012
briangreen":2xjdvmoc said:
HarlHM":2xjdvmoc said:
PAFC94":2xjdvmoc said:
lilcol":2xjdvmoc said:
PAFC94":2xjdvmoc said:

Here we go again :banghead:
Banton wont be brilliant every match, if he was he would be playing for man utd.
I don't disagree. Aim your anger elsewhere.

Feb 21, 2011
My OP wasn't about his obvious attacking talent or effort it was that he is $hit scared of making a tackle or challenge of any sort of strength, he won't shield the ball with his body preferring to let it run invariably meaning he loses possession. Lightweight I think is the term best used to describe his performance tonight.