Automatic Promotion | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Automatic Promotion

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
Am I the onlybperson on here who geuinley beleives that we have a real chance of a top 3 place this season? I think we have enough quality and enough spirit and a manager who has done it before.

A

alex-d

A big part of achieving it will be not going into games against the likes of Bury with a defeatist attitude, saying we don't expect to get a result there and being satisfied coming away with nothing! It feels like the players don't truly believe they can win the game sometimes with these slow and defensive starts made. And until consistency over 90 minutes comes along, as well as over 46 games it won't happen. Yes you'll have to ride 15 minute periods of pressure in games but not concede stupid goals as part of these.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
I've put money on us to go up for the last 5 or 6 seasons. This season I gave it a miss.

Feb 21, 2011
I'm with Steve up to Hourihane leaving I was optimistic, now not so much. He scored again yesterday just to rub some salt into the wound.

Aug 11, 2013
I've been fortunate to see 4 promotions.

In each of those campaigns there is something intangible which you feel early on. It's players and management in perfect harmony. It's excellence in a number of departments from physio through to manager through to a strong spine down the middle of the team. There's something (I can't quite explain it) that gives you the feeling you're going to have a good season. It starts pre-season.

I don't feel that about this campaign I'm afraid. Feels a bit amateurish. Random signings. A manager that seems to have proceeded where he left off last campaign. Inexplicable formations. Inexplicable selections and for me it doesn't feel that Sheridan is immersed in everything Argyle (living detached and commuting).

I truly hope I'm wrong but I fear a mid table finish. This is frustrating as one or two players and a good field marshall could get us to the playoffs.

A lucky signing (in his numerous signings he made last year - and you will get lucky if you keep making signing after signing) in Lavery saved us from oblivion and his earlier departure which I think would have been a blessing .... But there you are ..

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
arrythewurzel":54zx5i8r said:
I've been fortunate to see 4 promotions.

In each of those campaigns there is something intangible which you feel early on. It's players and management in perfect harmony. It's excellence in a number of departments from physio through to manager through to a strong spine down the middle of the team. There's something (I can't quite explain it) that gives you the feeling you're going to have a good season. It starts pre-season.

I don't feel that about this campaign I'm afraid. Feels a bit amateurish. Random signings. A manager that seems to have proceeded where he left off last campaign. Inexplicable formations. Inexplicable selections and for me it doesn't feel that Sheridan is immersed in everything Argyle (living detached and commuting).

I truly hope I'm wrong but I fear a mid table finish. This is frustrating as one or two players and a good field marshall could get us to the playoffs.

A lucky signing (in his numerous signings he made last year - and you will get lucky if you keep making signing after signing) in Lavery saved us from oblivion and his earlier departure which I think would have been a blessing .... But there you are ..

I kind of agree with that. I think to be a true success at this club you need to 'get' what Argyle is all about. You need to live and breathe Argyle and pour your heart and soul into not just the club, but the area too.

This may sound like utter tosh, but I believe Sturrock and Warnock had that. I was too young for Dave Smith's reign, but as I gather he possessed the same quality.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I think we have the quality in the players.

The problem being they have to have a suitable tactical gameplan to compliment them.

Jul 29, 2010
Don't think we ever had a realistic shot at automatic promotion this season, Sheridan or not.

No other team has a seven figure debt to service with a looming deadline.

Dec 2, 2010
Just look at the comments by Reid......damned by faint praise when he points out that our only win was against Exeter and they are atypical of this division.

It's poor start and I really don't see us going up under Sheridan.