Argyle V Southend Predictions Thread. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Argyle V Southend Predictions Thread.

Aug 15, 2008
I cannot wait for this one. We need a good performance and a good result to steady us. I think it will be a tight affair though with maybe 2 goals at most.

Argyle 2 Southend 0.

Is Coughlan still st Southend in some capacity?

Plymouth Argyle 0-1 Southend United

I would go for:

23 McCormick

2 Mellor
5 Nelson
29 Hartley
3 Purrington

4 Cox
6 Norburn

22 Smalley
14 Harvey
19 Thomas

9 Reid

Subs: 1 Bittner, 7 Alessandra, 8 Banton, 10 Morgan, 16 McHugh, 24 Allen, 28 O'Connor.

Leaving out Alessandra is a bit of a bold one and I nearly went for 4-4-2 with Smalley and Thomas on the wings and Alessandra and Reid up top - but reportedly our best performances of the season came with Harvey in the hole behind Reid, and I feel that Smalley and Thomas would give better balance to the team than Alessandra or Banton. Also, Alessandra hasn't been in his best of form.

Z

ZZZZMarker12

McCormick

Mellor
Nelson
Hartley
Purrington

O'Connor
Cox

Smalley
Norburn
Allessandra

Reid

2- 1 Argyle

C

Cobi Budge.

McHugh is a good CB, use him there.

Can't bare the thought of having a flat back 4 again, we just can't deal with crosses in to the box.

Playing Reid upfront by himself AGAIN would be stupid, he needs somebody with him.

Drop Banton.

1086650_Plymouth_Argyle.jpg

Aug 15, 2008
Actually I forgot about McHugh in saying keep the side that last played at home. Purrington in to LB.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
If we play 3-5-2 i'd prefer O'Connor at RB - much better on the ball than Mellor and leave Cox and Norburn in the middle.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Again it comes down to which Argyle show up for me, if we see the same Argyle we saw at Exeter, first half Cambridge and the second half at Orient then we should do well. If it's the Argyle we saw at Stevenage, second half Cambridge and apparently Bury then we'll do well to draw. Here's hoping we get a performance this week :thumbs:

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
We've go to start getting something out of these games and stop making excuses--even a point will do. I hope that the team hit the ground running and are truly up for this. 1-1 if they are.

Mar 1, 2014
Ilfracombe, Devon
Hopefully the game that picks everyone up, akin to the last minute win at Mansfield last season. Saying that, I'd like to see more goals, so I'm going for an optimistic 3-1 Argyle.