Westons 'Pass Back' | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Westons 'Pass Back'

Sep 2, 2008
How many of you at the game thought Weston was having a shot? To me he was trying to score. I wonder if it had gone in would Brown have told his players to let us walk in an equaliser as Gary Johnson did in that game against Yeovil. I'm one for the 'dark arts' but there is a line :mad:

Sep 29, 2008
Plymouth
Pottypilgrim":2jf6xz0n said:
How many of you at the game thought Weston was having a shot? To me he was trying to score. I wonder if it had gone in would Brown have told his players to let us walk in an equaliser as Gary Johnson did in that game against Yeovil. I'm one for the 'dark arts' but there is a line :mad:

Think it was one of those where if it did go in, he would shrug his shoulders and just look apologetic, yet inside he'd be laughing his bottom off. I personally thought he did shoot.

If it did go in, I would imagine Brown would have 'gave us one back' and tell his team to walk it in (since the game was 0-0), but if it was where we were 1-0 up, I couldn't see it happening to be honest. Being nice won't get you far as a manager.

C

Cobi Budge.

r4h4al":4imvrjxn said:
Yeah but it wouldn't have counted would it, as played hadn't restarted?

It would have counted.

What usually happens is the other side step aside and allow the team to score, it happened to us at Yeovil, McCormick was lobbed but Gary Johnson told his side to let us score.

Feb 23, 2009
Reminded me ofwhen I was at Anfield watching Liverpool v Wimbledon. Liverpool kicked the ball out when a Wimbledon player was injured. Fashanu lobbed the ball back and Grobbelaar had to tip the ball over The bar to stop it going in the net. Wimbledon scored from the corner. It all kicked off from there!!!