Morgan | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Morgan

J

just_ste

When he came last season I thought he looked pretty good,worked hard and was surpisingly quick,especially when out wide,he then was carrying an injury and had other problems and didnt look so great,now he is getting back to fitness and I think he is doing pretty well again,he aint no world beater but I think he is better then people make him out to be.
Also I was watching Reid second half and dam that boy only runs when he has too,so many times he was outwide,gave the ball to someone but then made little or no effort to get into the box,not a critisism just observing how he doesnt believe in wasting energy,but hey hes doing something right with the goals he is getting :thumbup:

Jan 7, 2013
Agree about Morgan looks back to his best, and has earnt his place in the starting eleven, 100% effort and commitment fair play to him considering the stick he got in pre-season!

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
The man of the match poll shows you that Morgan is getting the recognition he deserves. He had a good game today, that I think will be enough to see him start at Luton.

xyz

Aug 5, 2012
I thought he was outstanding today - big and strong, Southend just didn't know how to deal with him (apart from bring him down every time he had the ball), he was a real handful for them. I genuinely hope he goes from strength to strength to prove the haters wrong. He's had such a lot of abuse, and is still receiving it (mostly from argyle fans who haven't seen him play yet this season), he looks a completely different player and it was great to see him get a standing ovation. Go on Big Marv!!

K

kernowgreen

Funny old game ain't it - I'm not a Marvin hater by any means but I struggle to see what he offers? Thought we were second best today everywhere and don't think Morgan had a particularly good game. I suppose that's why we love the game as we all have different views.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Southend didn't know what to do with him, he ran rings around that defender until he got him sent off. He seems to be one for drawing fouls, it doesn't always work but yesterday it worked to perfection, Southend were down to 10 early on which helped us on our way to victory.

Hopefully this sparks a return of the Marv we saw last preseason and the Marv who came here with a good reputation behind him :scarf:

J

just_ste

This time last year,if I was the manager and I had to sell either Morgan or Reid it would have been Reid,good job I aint the manager huh lol,I do think Morgan deffo has something to offer though

Jun 8, 2014
He's got something to offer, definitely. Hope he continues to prove me wrong, he was terrific yesterday.

Really, really pleased. Southend couldn't hadle him.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
One good game doesn't change my opinion that he isn't good enough, Reid is the much better scorer, but yeah he was definately a handful yesterday.

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
Marvin vs McNulty :think:
That must be a dead cert tactic. McNulty is just a lump on Porkyfenwa scale and once Marvin goes past there is no way in the world that McNulty will catch him. Foul - foul - foul - yellow - foul and off.

C

Cobi Budge.

I've been defending him throughout pre season, glad he got his chance to prove a point.

He's not a world beater, but he's a really useful player & much better with the ball at his feet than in the air as he showed especially early on yesterday, plenty of pace for a player of his size, makes some very clever runs, also gives 110%.

Reid and Marvin worked well in the second half at Bury, and again yesterday, that partnership is far from dead.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
greendream":2mfo2dbi said:
This time last year,if I was the manager and I had to sell either Morgan or Reid it would have been Reid,good job I aint the manager huh lol,I do think Morgan deffo has something to offer though

This time last year, Morgan was injured and Reid fit so I agree. I'm glad you ain't the manager! :whistle:

S

Sam Phillips

tigertony":14bi99nt said:
Marvin vs McNulty :think:
That must be a dead cert tactic. McNulty is just a lump on Porkyfenwa scale and once Marvin goes past there is no way in the world that McNulty will catch him. Foul - foul - foul - yellow - foul and off.

McNulty's a better defender than he looks, although I don't fancy his chances against either of our front two.