PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The Doctor":369lvw1u said:
http://www.pafc.co.uk/news/article/must-reid-1888668.aspx This article on the club website isn't exactly helpful. Whilst it is inevitable that some clubs in higher leagues will already see Reid as a potential signing we hardly need the club website to publish what is really little more than an advert for him.

I totally agree. Morgan might have those thoughts but the official website shouldn't publish what is basically an advert to sell Reid.
Other clubs will obviously be aware of what Reid can do but don't need this kind of encouragement. An own goal!

Deadline day now looks all about keeping Reid.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
DarkGreen":2f34tb8s said:
Yep, exactly my thoughts too. Hope we're not being prepared for bad news.

The same thought occurred to me.

Actually I think that it is pretty much inevitable that if Reid continues in the same goalscoring form as now a team will come in for him in January and we will not be able to hang on to him. I reckon a lot of teams will have considered signing him after last season but will have been unsure about his ability to produce similar form for a second season. They will also have questioned his fitness and pace. But now, any question marks about all three of those things - continued goalscoring, fitness and pace - will have been answered, and if things continue as now, by January he is going to be one of the hottest tickets in the lower leagues and VERY attractive to many League 1 and Championship clubs. The only upside of this line of thinking is that he could end up being the Board's Plan B for the balloon payment.

But let's hope we can hang on to him for as long as possible.

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
The Doctor":2mvsxld2 said:
http://www.pafc.co.uk/news/article/must-reid-1888668.aspx This article on the club website isn't exactly helpful. Whilst it is inevitable that some clubs in higher leagues will already see Reid as a potential signing we hardly need the club website to publish what is really little more than an advert for him.
Real OG - however I don't think CCC and Lge 1 clubs who are not scoring would gamble loads of dosh on a 31 year old Lge 2 player. Anyone can see that he struggled here initially and those clubs who can't score want an instant answer.
Relax gentlemen
Oh Cobes has just phoned and thought he saw a car with reg KAN ...... :coat:

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
PL2 3DQ":2i7zhw3u said:
The Doctor":2i7zhw3u said:

I totally agree. Morgan might have those thoughts but the official shouldn't publish what is basically an advert to sell Reid.
Other clubs will obviously be aware of what Reid can do but don't need this kind of encouragement. An own goal!

Deadline day now looks all about keeping Reid.

I can't actually believe they've published that story.

Unbelievable.

May 1, 2007
tigertony":2t4suhcc said:
The Doctor":2t4suhcc said:
Real OG - however I don't think CCC and Lge 1 clubs who are not scoring would gamble loads of dosh on a 31 year old Lge 2 player. Anyone can see that he struggled here initially and those clubs who can't score want an instant answer.
Relax gentlemen

reid isn't 31 :lol:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
tigertony":bttfgqcl said:
The Doctor":bttfgqcl said:
Relax gentlemen

Reid is 26. Or do you mean Morgan?

Maybe this is the Plan B for the balloon payment, touting out our best players on our website?

Apr 15, 2008
London
Yes, it beggars belief. I can't imagine many teams indulging in that level of self-belittling.

As much as I have to be a doomsayer on the 1st Sept, If Rueben goes, I think we can forget about promotion for another season.

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
You've all been spun a yarn for years. Reid is older than Terrible West and anyday now will become crocked. I know from secret sauces. (Do you think other managers read this site :lol: )

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
I really hope that article is not preparing us for bad news. I got a shiver down my spine reading that about Reid possibly leaving the club today.

I've pretty much accepted the chances of him leaving in January are somewhere between high and near-certain. But to lose him in the same window we've signed him really would be the mother of all sucker punches.

S

steveinspain

GreenSam":3uo42ldh said:
I really hope that article is not preparing us for bad news. I got a shiver down my spine reading that about Reid possibly leaving the club today.

I've pretty much accepted the chances of him leaving in January are somewhere between high and near-certain. But to lose him in the same window we've signed him really would be the mother of all sucker punches.

Especially if he's got some stupid get out clause in his contract.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
GreenSam":v3j73cm9 said:

Someone said on the way out of the Devonport on Saturday, that Reid didn't really celebrate his goal he scored because he knew it was his last one for us, and that he was on his way before deadline. :whistle:
Now if the AFT had made such a statement.......

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
LG":ecf03pi1 said:
GreenSam":ecf03pi1 said:

Someone said on the way out of the Devonport on Saturday, that Reid didn't really celebrate his goal he scored because he knew it was his last one for us, and that he was on his way before deadline. :whistle:
Now if the AFT had made such a statement.......
Afraid even I can't see the funny side of that one mate :sad:

If it's true then it's the last nail in the coffin in my mind for a play-off push. And unless we can use the money to sign a really top quality striker on a loan until December with a a view to a permanent move, then I'd say we'd even be more likely to be looking at the bottom end again than the top.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
A lot of people seem to think that article on the official site is a stupid or ill-thought out one.

I'd actually be very relieved if it WAS an ill thought or a dim article. The idea of it being a deliberately planted pre-empting of bad news to me seems all too possible.