Bray Update? - 6 Months Out confirmed. | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Bray Update? - 6 Months Out confirmed.

B

Beercan

Apart from his first touch, the lad looked sharp & direct. Very refreshing. I'm praying he hasn't done some serious damage as it didn't look good. Any update on the injury yet??

Oct 23, 2013
Block 12
Looked like an ankle injury.
John Eldridge":373o5rl4 said:
Does he go back to Swansea or do we look after him?? and who pays him ( missus wants to know?)
Depends on the length on the injury. If it a long term injury (e.g. 4/5 months) he will return to Swansea if it a short term it will be dealt with by Argyle and paid for most likely by Argyle.

Depends on what was agreed in the loan contract.

Apr 28, 2013
It's annoying because he did look really good, he had a few runs inside where he took on a few players and beat them for pace with ease. Would be a big blow to lose a Premier League youngster..

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
How can anyone say he had a blinder when he was on the pitch for less than 10 minutes and his first touch was awful leading to a yellow card and on a different day even a red. Just didn't see enough of the lad to form an opinion IMHO

Hope its not serious and he has a quick recovery but its definitely a knee ligament injury which could range from 2-3 weeks or 6 months.

I was more concerned when Cox went down TBH. Lose him and we will definitely suffer

Sep 28, 2003
London
Very sorry for the lad - the few touches he had (apart from the first one) looked good, he beat a few players and looked pretty direct.

Looked absolutely distraught when he went down - if that's his ligaments then there'll be genuine concern for his career.

Lesley Somerville

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
samjones":3h50m5u3 said:
How can anyone say he had a blinder when he was on the pitch for less than 10 minutes and his first touch was awful leading to a yellow card and on a different day even a red. Just didn't see enough of the lad to form an opinion IMHO

Hope its not serious and he has a quick recovery but its definitely a knee ligament injury which could range from 2-3 weeks or 6 months.

I was more concerned when Cox went down TBH. Lose him and we will definitely suffer

This is how pasoti works - people decide whether they like someone and base their footballing assessment on that. Other examples, Reid is lazy (now he's not lazy, but sulks), Banton has no desire (used to be arrogant when he was scoring), Luke Young will play at a much higher level (Hmmmmm), Hourihane can't pass his way out of a paper bag (L1 player of the month), Harvey is the second coming (not yet he isn't)......I could go on.

Jul 29, 2010
As someone presently waiting on a left knee operation I winced good and proper when I saw the slow motion reply, I know exactly how that lateral movement feels. Ouch :shock:

Hope nothing is damaged, and at least his knees are young.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Andy Holland":251ioqm2 said:
Very sorry for the lad - the few touches he had (apart from the first one) looked good, he beat a few players and looked pretty direct.

Looked absolutely distraught when he went down - if that's his ligaments then there'll be genuine concern for his career.

At the very worst and lets hope that is not the case it would be his cruciate ligament snapped but nowadays the surgery and rehabilitation is so good at this level its no longer career threatening like it used to be.
He would gain a full recovery and play again but there is always doubt has it effected him.

He is young, keen and fit but if it was snapped he would of gone off immediately after the first incidence so here is hoping its not serious and he will be back playing by October

When he first went down (and watching the slow mo replay) he seemed to be in agony. I was very surprised he was able to carry on and hope he didn't do any further damage doing so. Looked very bright in his brief appearance, let's hope the damage isn't too serious for the lad.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Alex Bray @alex_bray95 · 2h

On the bright side glad to of made my debut but not one to remember

Replied to 0 times

Alex Bray @alex_bray95 · 3h

Thanks for the messages... Just got to hope for best

Mar 14, 2009
Ottawa Green":bj44cjc8 said:
Alex Bray @alex_bray95 · 2h

On the bright side glad to of made my debut but not one to remember

Replied to 0 times

Alex Bray @alex_bray95 · 3h

Thanks for the messages... Just got to hope for best

When he first went down and then out came the stretcher whilst he was clutching his knee it looked very serious. Then he hobbled up back to his feet. Your thinking it was just a twist perhaps. Yet the way he went down again (just before we scored) looked serious and the fact it wasn't something you could just shake off. I know it was only 5 mins but he looked sharp and he ran directly at their defence.

Have a horribly feeling we wont see him again in an Argyle shirt for at least a few months which is a shame considering how promising he looked just by two or three brief Argyle moves he was involved in.

P

Paul_Roberts

If he snapped his cruciate then surely he wouldn't even have been able to walk never mind sprint - which he did in the build up to our goal.

The only player I can remember playing on after such an injury was Gazza in the 91 Cup final, and even he could only hobble around for a few minutes before going down again and then being stretchered off.

I reckon strained ligaments, out for a few weeks.

I don't think it was a cruciate ligament injury. If it was, he would have been in too much agony to carry on for any length of time. Unless he showed Stuart Pearce levels of commitment.

He was busy. A bit flustered by the occasion and tried too hard to impress, but he was eager to impress and did show some ability in his short spell on the field.

Jun 8, 2014
Would hazard a guess that it's a pulled something more than anything else, if it was cruciates or a break then he wouldn't have been able to walk. We'll see soon I guess. Wish him a speedy recovery.