PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Raul 1":sgdfjfxq said:
I like this too; many thanks for posting it.

Separately, on the Chris Errington point, he does sometimes seem to get in a twist that Sheridan won't always do interviews at times that I assume suit print deadlines. Do these two not get on especially?

This has been brewing since the summer, Errington has been regularly complaining through his Twitter that Sheridan isn't always available to him for an interview. He wanted to talk to Sheridan on Monday about the signing of Bray but according to Errington's Twitter he had to wait until Thursday at Sheridan's usual press conference and even then he posted a sarcy comment today.

While the club and the Herald both need each other it doesn't look good or professional that Errington is using his Twitter account to complain and goad Sheridan, it should be sorted behind closed doors.

Chris Errington @ChrisErrington1 · Sep 1
All the details on Argyle's loan signing of Alex Bray. Sadly, manager John Sheridan was unavailable for comment

Chris Errington @ChrisErrington1 John Sheridan will talk to the media about the signing of Alex Bray at his Press conference on Thursday to preview the game at Luton. #pafc

Chris Errington @ChrisErrington1 After declining to talk to @PlymouthSport about the signing of @alex_bray95 on Monday, John Sheridan finally spoke about it today. #pafc

Chris Errington @ChrisErrington1 · Sep 4
Not sure why we had to wait until today, but the #Argyle manager has liked what he has seen of Bray so far. #pafc

Chris Errington @ChrisErrington1 · 13h
It took a few days but John Sheridan finally talked to @plymouthsport about the signing of @alex_bray95. http://bit.ly/1rbP4JZ #pafc

C

Cobi Budge.

It is really unprofessional.

I don't defend Sheridan often but I do here, couldn't care less how often he talks to the media (bare in mind, 90% of the questions are the same and have been answered a few days before) & to be honest he talks to the herald and club site a fair bit more than other managers talk to their club site/local paper. I don't expect Sheridan to be talking to Errington every single day, in fact, I'd only really expect comment from the gaffer after a match. Don't really have an issue with how Shez deals with the media.

If Sheridan has got a big p*ssed off with Errington & isn't giving many interviews, then that's CE's problem to sort out and using his twitter to dig at Sheridan is really pathetic.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Cobi Budge.":19abveer said:
... be honest he talks to the herald and club site a fair bit more than other managers talk to their club site/local paper.

and this is fact how exactly?

Sep 7, 2006
Thanks for the background PL2. Sounds like the symbiosis between club and local press might be out of kilter a bit.

Errington harping on about interview times on twitter is an unlikely solution.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Another comment from Errington today about Sheridan's unavailability to talk to him. This time the comment is in the Herald rather than on Twitter.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Part of the manager's responsibility is to talk to the press but I can't help but feel this is the kind of thing that could and should be kept in house more than it currently is.

Feb 21, 2011
Prefer Sheridans attitude with the press compared to the constant self publicising style of say Holloway, but can't help thinking somewhere between the two is the way to go.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I would imagine Sheridan's focus today is the game against Yeovil rather than talk to Errington about Bray's injury. Sheridan already gave his views about the injury to Errington after the Luton game on Saturday.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
LG":17bb75tk said:
Twitter is for tw@ts

Twitter can be used Tw@tishly, I do it all the time :greensmile: but it's a wonderful communication tool and if you travel, care about the weather, news, roads etc it's THE best thing I use without a doubt.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
IJN":1rj8nrot said:
LG":1rj8nrot said:
Twitter is for tw@ts

Twitter can be used Tw@tishly, I do it all the time :greensmile: but it's a wonderful communication tool and if you travel, care about the weather, news, roads etc it's THE best thing I use without a doubt.
should be kept away from football Ian.
It tends to encourage tw@tishness.

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
Quite frankly I don't give a t0$$ about what Errington says. The Herald imploding won't affect Argyle. Press conference is Thursday so press conference is Thursday. I like the way JS keeps cards very close.