Brief Synopsis!!!

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
1) So the reaction to a good performance and an unlucky result - wholesale changes. Hope he knew what he was doing. In came "he scores once a year" Harvey, Norburn and Smalley. Out Morgan and Alessandra. Few game changers on the bench showed how thin the squad is.

2) Awful, terrible, passionless first-half. Reid the only one with any credit. Norburn, Banton, Smalley and Harvey virtually anonymous, unable to find a green shirt and gave the ball away constantly. After a good performance at the weekend and vs Luton this was dreadful.

3) Wycombe didn't deserve the goal but our defending was again poor. At the corner that they scored from and at the next two, the biggest player on the pitch was allowed a free run on the back-post. No surprises, that they bundled one in. Booed off at half-time, if I could have generated the enthusiasm I would have too.

4) Changes were needed and Sheridans response was to bring on a proper midfielder in place of Harvey who he moved up alongside Reid, with Smalley giving way and at last Purrington on for McHugh at left wing-back with O'Connor dropping into a back 3 and Mellor pushing on. 3-5-2.

5) Response was poor for a while but Argyle had a purple patch where we had two pens turned down, Reid taken out off the ball then a blatant drive by Harvey was ignored. At least we were creating half-chances.

6) Banton had another shocker but nobody had a good game. Mellor, Reid, Nelson and McCormick the pick of a poor bunch. Harvey missed an easy chance in the first 45 and if he'd put that away, the story may have been different.

7) With the Demport baying for Thomas (they obviously hadn't seen him play this season) Sheridan opted for Allen for Norburn as his final fling. Nothing changed. I hope Alessandra's back for the weekend.

8 ) Wycombe were poor, we were worse. Time wasting to an art by Wycombe with the ref conned and ineffective. A summary for us - any illusions that we can do anything with this clown of a manager in charge have now surely gone.

9) As expected, low supporter turn-outs for both sides. Inevitable drum from Wycombe, though to be fair they kept their noise going well. Argyle crowd VERY quiet. Argyle Angels worse than normal - probably due to the err large, new member. Fantastic cause though - give generously.

Luke McCormick - 7
Kelvin Mellor - 7
Curtis Nelson - 6
Peter Hartley - 5
Carl McHugh - 4
Anthony O'Connor - 5
Ollie Norburn - 4
Tyler Harvey - 3
Jason Banton - 2
Dean Smalley - 4
Reuben Reid - 6

Substitutes:
James Bittner - unused
Ben Purrington - 5
Aaron Bentley - unused
Lee Cox - 5
River Allen - 5
Dominic Blizzard - unused
Nathan Thomas - unused

Mar 23, 2008
More averageness at HP. 1-0 down at home and the only attacker on the bench doesn't get on, go figure. We are inconsistent mid-table team handicapped by an average manager.

C

Cobi Budge.

Sheridan was outwitted in every way this evening, he just slouched in the dugout for the last 20, took a lot of stick.

Banton looked like he didn't wanna be here.

I'm afraid the full time boo's were deserved.

That was a shambles.

Wycombe werent amazing, simply organised.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
One of the poorest performances in a while. The ref wasn't the best, Wycombe's 'tactics' made it hard for us but, ultimately, we only have ourselves to blame. I particularly felt sorry for Reuben as I believe he might've scored if any of our midfielders actually played well. Sloppy goal conceded too. Very disappointed and will be back on Saturday expecting a performance 100x better than that.

McCormick - 5
Mellor - 6
Nelson - 5
Hartley - 5
McHugh - 5
O'Connor - 6
Norburn - 5
Harvey - 4
Banton - 4
Smalley - 3
Reid - 6
Purrington - 5
Cox - 5
Allen - 4/5?

C

Cobi Budge.

Luke - 7
Mellor - 7
Hartley - 5
Nelson - 6
Mchugh 5 (Purrington - 4)
O'Connor - 4
Norburn - 6 - (Allen - 4)
Harvey - 5
Banton - 3
Smalley - 5 (Cox - 5)
Reid - 5

Sheridan - 1

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
We have some eminently winnable games coming up. I have always been in the 'give him 10-12 games' camp. In the next 5 games the only really tough one is Shrewsbury. If we don't get a minimum of 3 wins out of these, then I think it is question time as this is very much his team, and he would have had enough time to impose his way of playing. When I saw the team lineup tonight I said 'ouch' to my son and we both agreed that Hayes would sink us. So I hold my nerve over the next five games and keep my powder dry. Thereafter...

N

NorfolkGreen

Every team rating shows Banton as very poor, why do we persist with him, especially wide left when he is so one footed (just for clarity it's not his left)

Dec 2, 2010
'Out and out attack'! Oh dear.

How many goals have outer midfield chipped in with, one. What's Young on, five?

Absolute crap.

Mar 18, 2006
Beaten by a better team , no complaints about the result .

At best we were clueless, no threat and no alternative to Reuben .

I simply don't see what style of football we play . We are not a passing side , we don't just hoof it , just looks like we run around a lot and get nowhere .
Feel sorry for Nathan Thomas , may as well not turn up on Saturday . If he doesn't get a look in when we are that poor he never will.
Dismal crowd of 5,500 which is likely to be less on Saturday based on that performance .
Still relatively early days , but in my opinion we are a distinctly average side , middle table again.