Hartlepool on Saturday. | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Hartlepool on Saturday.

Aug 15, 2008
Make or Break time for Sheridan I feel. I said at the start give him 10 - 15 matches well he has had 9 now I think and we need to go out and put down a marker saturday. Both for his Tenure and to show us fans that he knows his stuff. We need to play with tempo, poise, precision and heart!

We will accept a defeat ( Orient League Cup) if it is a come home on your shield or not at all effort. We have the players we really do. They are good players.

Stop tinkering all the time - pick your home side and formation/tactics and stick with it so we get consistency and more to the point the players KNOW what is expected. All this tinkering is doing nothing but sowing confusion in the squad.

So, take the field against Hartlepool and attack them from minute 1. Use the width and get behind the full backs, turn the centre halves and get their midfield to play deep. Impose yourselves on them - you are Plymouth Argyle and you are at home.

Time to deliver. :scarf:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Hartlepool have won one game from their last four, are fourth bottom of the league and were thumped 5-1 by Northampton last night.
This game could be a watershed for Sheridan.

While the result on Saturday will be important, the performance and style of play is just as crucial.

Aug 15, 2008
Yes i agree. If ever a team are ripe for a hammering it is Hartlepool - What a tonic a resounding 5-0 win would be.......

Now where's my fairy godmother.....

Dec 7, 2006
It'd be very intersting to know how many Greens would take the 'hit' of another loss and poor performance on Saturday if it led to the early removal of Sheridan from the club. I honestly think I would at the moment - it would mean almost 40 games to find a manager who actually knows what he's doing and bring the fans back onboard in a concerted push for the play-offs. We have the players, all we need is someone who knows how to utilise them properly. :roll:

Sep 15, 2010
Plympton
Um.....I'm unable to go on Saturday, would love to be there......last time that happened the score was Argyle 4 Coventry 1....before that Argyle 6 Tranmere 0...happy to see a resounding win for the Greens in my absence! :scarf:

J

Jambo

Take the hit of another defeat to lead to Sheridans sacking? Complete nonsense. There is now way he will be sacked any time soon. We've only lost one home match this season! Let's see where we are in 6-8 matches time

C

Cobi Budge.

I'd play.

1110548_Plymouth_Argyle.jpg

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Loose and he should walk.

Z

ZZZZMarker12

Why would any argyle supporter who has watched Argyle this season select Banton to start?

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Mike Greening":1ne6sd06 said:
Loose and he should walk.

One thing for certain is he will NOT walk. He will need to be sacked and paid off by JB and we know that's unlikely to happen.

Inconsistency and mediocrity is guaranteed for the forseeable future

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
I'd go:

3-5-2/5-3-2: McCormick, Mellor, Hartley, Nelson, McHugh, Purrington, O'Connor, Cox, Blizzard, Alessandra, Reid.

Subs: Bittner, Bentley, Norburn, Harvey, Smalley, Banton, Morgan.